Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Flash (CW) TV Show • Page 34

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Dodge725

Trusted

Hadn't heard that and while I hope that is the case because I'm sick of speedster villains, I will also believe it when I see it with this show. It's a shame they made Cold and Heatwave heroes before we could see a season devoted to the Rogues.

Raku likes this.
  2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I've been trying to think of what else is even in the conversation for me. Like, the series finales for How I Met Your Mother and The Good Wife weren't satisfying, but they had their moments. And Arrow season 3, which I consider to be maybe the most disappointing season of television I've ever watched, at least didn't end on a stupid cliffhanger. This would have been a good opportunity for a reset. Instead, we get a cliffhanger that isn't promising at all, at the end of an episode that was already not good.

Not sure I'll keep watching. I was almost at that point last season, but I thought the Flashpoint cliffhanger was super interesting and promising. I feel like they just lost sight of what made this show so fun to watch that first season.

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Couldn't agree more about the show losing what made it special in the first place. It was so fun and optimistic at the beginning, now it's basically just Arrow with superpowers. I'm probably going to stick with it but I don't know how happy about it I'll be.

As for disappointing season finales, The Walking Dead last year was pretty egregious (yeah I still watch that show too lol). Arrow season 3 in general was a disappointment and the finale was no different for sure. I'd need to think about it more though to come up with a longer list.

As for the cliffhanger, unless they really do a Grant-less season next year I don't see how this ending isn't remembered as being completely pointless and potentially series-ruining.

Craig Manning likes this.
  4. Craig Manning

Which is obviously not going to happen. It's going to be like when Oliver "died" on Arrow. He'll be in the speed force for like two or three episodes.

This show was best when it was distinctly different than Arrow--especially since it started when Arrow was getting really broody. It was fun, funny, and light. Now this is the show that's broody.

But hey, if Arrow can turn things around, maybe this can too. I'll at least give it a few episodes next season, I guess.

Raku and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah this season of Arrow has been the best since S2 by far. Which isn't saying much but it's actually been pretty solid in my opinion. I'm hoping this show can pull itself out of the doldrums next year. Honesty as much as I love Grant I think a Grant-free season with Kid Flash as the star could do it, even though I agree that they won't follow through with it.

6. Craig Manning

I just don't think they've developed Wally enough that he could carry the show. He's very much a supporting player, imo.

Raku and Jason Tate like this.
  7. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I don't know if I will ever hate a finale episode more than that HIMYM finale.

While this was not great and underwhelming, I still want to see more.

8. Raku

Regular

People like to give last season shit, but this season was much worse than that. Honestly, the quality of this season was almost Arrow levels of bad (and I dropped Arrow last season).

Hopefully they turn things around, and I don't like the idea of Barry gone for more then two episodes. If Flashpoint couldn't last more than one (or two episodes) then I'm hoping Barry comes back in the the first episode of season four. Or if he does have to be away, then hopefully we cutaway to him in the speedforce.

9. Craig Manning

Finale is actually getting decent reviews. Not sure how that's possible.

Raku likes this.
  10. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Pretty horrible finale all around

Hoping Grant is gone for a while. Think would definitely make the season a little more interesting

11. Story - A
    Execution - F

12. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Would have been much more interesting had they revealed Barry way earlier

Entire season was just very poorly executed

13. Craig Manning

Doing another speedster big bad was a terrible idea, too. I get mixed up on what Zoom did and what Savitar did, because they were essentially the same villain.

Raku likes this.
  14. tvck

Trusted

i dunno, i didn't mind this season, and didn't mind the finale.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm glad I skipped out on the latter half of the season. Hopefully they right the ship.

Raku likes this.
  16. Jdaniels

Regular

Alchemy was such a waste and the finale was predictable, but man this cast is still my favorite to watch. Excited to see if Harry stays in season 4 or a different wells comes.

Raku likes this.
  17. It was cool that they brought Garrick back and there were some good moments, but it was kind of a disappointing finale overall. I still like these characters a lot, so I'll still be excited for next season.

Raku likes this.
  18. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

In my review, I talked a little about how they need to give Iris and Caitlin more/better things to do. 'The Flash S03E23: Finish Line' Review | Comic Book Blog | Talking Comics

I don't ever rate the shows really, but I try to point out more of the things I think worked and give some ideas for how they could do better. I likely won't give up on the show mainly because I want to see how they answer some of the questions I have next season.

19. CW just loves making all their shows worse each season I swear.

Except for Legends. And Supernatural (although that just wasn't the same after season 5, obviously).

Henry and Raku like this.
  20. drewinseries

Drew

Idk why they are setting up filler until the inevitable happens again and things are back to normal however many episodes into S4.

Jdaniels and Raku like this.
  21. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I haven't decided to finish this season yet, but I watched the musical episode 'cause that's where I am in Supergirl (how did I let myself fall behind in that absolute delight of a show?), and...

Wow, that brought me so much joy. What a fantastically joyful and playful episode. I'm so glad the people behind these shows get to just have fun like this every now and then. Part of me wants to see another one of these, even though the gimmick's charm would probably be diminished greatly with a sequel.

22. drewinseries

Drew

The whole "prove you're just like me/prove you're really a bad person on the inside" trope is getting really annoying between Flash/Arrow. Can't a villain just be a villain because they are a goddamn villain?

Raku and Colby Searcy like this.
  23. But it actually worked for Arrow this season, and last season Damien Darhk was your typical end of the world bringing villain and that season was the worst.

24. drewinseries

Drew

I think I'm like episode 18 or so into this season of Arrow (shoutout new Netflix turnaround times) and I am enjoying it more. Savitar and Zoom were way too similar for me. I'm looking forward to a non speedster villain.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

“Running up against an evil time remnant version of yourself is something no one should ever have to do, but that’s exactly what faced Barry Allen (aka The Flash) as he fought to save the life of fiancée Iris West from the God of Speed known as Savitar. Barry’s victory was short-lived, however, as an unbalanced Speed Force began to wreak havoc on Central City, forcing Barry to sacrifice himself for the greater good. With The Fastest Man Alive now trapped inside an extra-dimensional energy, and unknown dangers lurking in the shadows, it will be up to Team Flash to free Barry from his own personal Hell.

Join cast members Grant Gustin, Jesse L. Martin, Tom Cavanagh, Candice Patton, Danielle Panabaker, Carlos Valdes, Keiynan Lonsdale and producers of The CW’s highest-rated series at their annual Comic-Con panel, and be among the first to find out where things will pick up when season four returns this fall.”

gonna have a preview at SDCC

Colby Searcy likes this.