Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Flash (CW) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Oh man I forgot about that recording thing, that was really fucking weird.

2. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I think they've done well with following up how great season one was. It seemed weird to me how the Trajectory thing played out in the end. I think it was the same watch he kept talking into for his daily logs/journals maybe? He did that a lot earlier in the season. I noticed it also kept going off a ton when Wally walked up, but it wasn't clear if everyone else knew that it wasn't just Barry triggering it or if they even knew what it was.

The boss stuff was so awkward and pointless. I think they need to like give Iris a break from men coming into her life for a bit hah.

3. DeviantRogue

I cannot praise enough how well this show has developed Iris, pretty much the polar opposite of what happened to Felicity on Arrow.

Raku likes this.
  4. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I just feel like they keep throwing relationships at Caitlin and Iris, which I don't think is totally necessary. I would much prefer to see things continue with Joe and Iris getting to know Wally better than have her in another relationship that will pull away from that stuff.

Raku and DeviantRogue like this.
  5. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I disagree with this big time. I don't feel like they know what to do with Iris or Caitlin when they're not involved in relationships. Which is what's become of Felicity. I really don't think BerlantiVerse knows what to do with the women on their show. What do you feel has been developed well with Iris?

6. Agreed a thousand percent.

Deanna likes this.
  7. I forgot Laurel was a lawyer until this scene where she gets a bunch of surprises thrown at her and she looks incompetent.

I'm gonna go grab a beer for this one.

DeviantRogue and Meerkat like this.
  8. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I think you meant to toss this in the Arrow thread? But I also forgot about that for a bit too.

9. Supergirl tho

10. Oops. Haha.

Deanna likes this.
  11. DeviantRogue

Sure they are still tossing relationships at her and Caitlin, but she went from being the primary love interest of Barry to a character following her convictions and not taking the typical superhero bs, and I certainly don't think she's defined by her relationships. (It's by no means perfect, but Felicity's character pretty much experienced the exact inverse).

Also agree about Caitlin, the Jay stuff felt forced. I don't know where this boss stuff is heading with but I'm going to withhold judgment on that.

12. Meerkat

This is true. I'm also thrilled with what they're doing with Sara on Legends. But speaking of Legends, Kendra is a mess (which especially dumbs me out after getting to hear Ciara talk about how much playing a superhero means to her and how excited she is to be a role model to young girls)
    I definitely think she's gotten better this season, but I also don't think they let Iris have a life for lack of a better way to put it. I expected we'd see her and even the rest of the team (or at least Joe) grieving Eddie a bit more this season. I felt like that got swept under the rug for her storyline with her mother and Wally. Which, while I've enjoyed that, I still feel like she really only exists as motivation and a moral compass for the male characters she interacts with. I don't feel like we ever get to see Iris being Iris.

Jason Tate and DeviantRogue like this.
  13. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I'd love a season-long, or at least half-season-long, sub plot where Iris and Linda (make her part of the main cast) investigate a mystery together as journalist besties. I'd be SO into that.

14. Meerkat

Supergirl has been exploring the morality and ethical issues involved with imprisoning people and they brought it up again briefly in tonight's crossover episode and I'm really hoping that means it makes it's way over to The Flash as well

DeviantRogue likes this.
  15. DeviantRogue

Yes please, let's not forget all of the villains they've killed.

Meerkat likes this.
  16. Meerkat

The more I think about this show, the more I realize how fucking dark it is. The tone and characters are goofy, but there's some serious shit that's happened in the season and a half it's been on the air

DeviantRogue likes this.
  17. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Really enjoyed the crossover. They both have excellent chemistry.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Jason Mewes will be in the Kevin Smith directed episode. lol. Apparently he is obsessed with Arrow and insisted on being in it. There will be no Silent Bob.

19. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Will I be super confused if I watch the crossover having never seen any Supergirl?

20. Meerkat

I mean, maybe? Probably not because they explain anything Barry would need to know. But they've also said it won't have any effect on The Flash by network's request so you won't be lost in The Flash if you don't watch it

21. At the start of every episode Barry tells me he's the fastest man alive. By 10 minutes in there's usually 2 or more people faster per episode. :crylaugh:

22. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Hah true. But after this episode, maybe it won't be that way for long!

23. Oh my god what is happening in this episode?! Hahahah. Demons. DEMONS.

Meerkat and Deanna like this.
  24. Oh come on.

25. The time dementors can't be real who wrote this?