Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Flash (CW) TV Show • Page 29

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I haven't watched it yet, but I'm just a little behind on my DVR. I'll watch it soon.

But if it is basically a stand alone, I get why people are frustrated. The Savitar stuff is heating up and there have been very few reveals so far, so to then have some silly musical episode in the middle of all that? Poor timing, IMO.

2. Savitar, Barry's poor decision-making and relationship drama are all awful. This episode was a much needed shot of fun.

3. Greg

Agreed on the poor decision making.

Despite being the third evil speedster big bad, I think the Savitar story has some good things going on.

My point it, it sounds like it could ruin any flow the season had and then has no effect on the rest of the season beyond it. Which makes it pretty skippable, despite being fun.

Again, haven't seen it, but I find most musical episodes to be filler.

billyboatman likes this.
  4. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I thoroughly enjoyed the episode, but I will say, as much as I love the fun these season has had plenty of, I did find this episode to be oddly placed when momentum with the main story was riding so high on the last two very strong episodes.

but either way, had fun, look forward to next week as I always do.

5. I'm guess I'm ok with it being a break episode just before the climactic stretch of the season.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  6. Greg

I'm sure it's fine. I usually dig what this cast and crew come up with. But it probably would have made more sense earlier in the season when Savitar was still supposedly gone.

Raku and BackyardHero11 like this.
  7. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Melissa B. singing is just great. Such a beauty and beautiful singing voice.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Apparently there was an implication last night about who next seasons big bad will be and its a really interesting character, to say the least.

9. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

They really need to start revealing the big bad identity earlier in the season. They did same thing with Zoom. I hate that

Jdaniels likes this.
  10. Jdaniels

Regular

Who? I saw two hints and I'm not impressed... April 25 is a long wait I'll be married by then

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this guy

spoilers, obviously.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Realistically, they should be doing 2-3 big bads a season. The formula is tiresome and played out at this point. The stakes never feel very high when you string characters along for 23 episodes that stretch 8 months. SHIELD is doing a good thing right now, making the whole season three stories with breaks in between.

Jdaniels likes this.
  13. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I don't watch shield, but yeah I have actually loved this season of flash, but I'd like to see future seasons go more into multiple story arcs a season and less "event storytelling" with one big bad

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. This season actually had the perfect setup for that format too. They could've extended flashpoint up until the crossover, then done a better story on Alchemy and not bring Savitar in until the end.

Raku and Jdaniels like this.
  15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Would have kept watching if that were the case

Colby Searcy and Raku like this.
  16. Greg

No new episodes until April 25th. Bullshit.

billyboatman, Colby Searcy and Raku like this.
  17. Enjoying this season a lot more than I expected. Just watching for fun on my own time helps a lot.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Saw a preview for the next episode. Looks like I can start watching again.

19. Greg

Gah! One more week to find out who he is.

Raku likes this.
  20. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Looked like the back of Julian's head in the suit to me, but who knows.

21. Greg

After reading through some of the sub Reddit... My current guess is Ronnie

22. The fact that he is in a suit makes it a lot more intriguing. Up until that point, I thought Savitar was gonna be Eddie. This season has been a lot more enjoyable.

Oh and future emo Barry was a little ridiculous lol.

Erwin89 likes this.
  23. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Gotta be Ronnie, right?

24. Anthony_

I don't know if it's going to be Ronnie just because it has always seemed like Savitar is from the future of Earth-1 and Ronnie doesn't exist on Earth-1 anymore. Not saying they couldn't pull some inter-dimensional shenanigans and make it Ronnie, I'd just be kind of disappointed if it was.

Also the fact that it seems to be a power suit and not just armor makes me think that whoever is inside isn't a speedster and needs the suit for the abilities.

Raku likes this.
  25. Anthony_

Yeah his deep/croaky emo future voice and his greasy long hair was more unintentionally funny than anything else.

Raku likes this.