Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Flash (CW) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

The Flash is an American television series developed by Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns, airing on The CW. It is based on the DC Comics character Barry Allen / Flash, a costumed superhero crime-fighter with the power to move at superhuman speeds. It is a spin-off from Arrow. The series follows Allen, portrayed by Grant Gustin, a crime scene investigator who gains super-human speed, which he uses to fight criminals, including others who have also gained superhuman abilities.

2. I still like this show when I watch it, but I never am craving a watch ... if that makes sense. Compared to Arrow which I actively am not interested.

teebs41 likes this.
  3. Also lol at Mark Hammil just playing the Joker voice in this. Maybe he shouldn't get a larger role in Star Wars, he's not ... great.

teebs41 likes this.
  4. I also think bringing in time travel was a bad idea. It removes the stakes of every interaction.

5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The Christmas episode for this was baaaaaaaaaaad.

I liked the first use of time travel last season, just because it came as such a surprise. I would have preferred if he never figured out how to control it and never did it again, haha

I'm still enjoying Arrow, if only for for Neil McDonagh as Damien Dahrk.

6. I liked some of the family stuff, and thought the Joe/Iris/Wally/Barry stuff was pretty good, but the rest of it was just kinda ... meh. I agree that the first use was kinda cool, but they should have just made that the one case or something. Because since we know that he can use it it makes nothing else really have the same stakes. Like WinterChillGuy is gonna kill you? Well, we know you can go back in time so I'm not even kind of worried. I dunno. It's weird.

I have liked Dahrk's portrayal, but that's been the only thing about the show I've liked this season.

7. Craig Manning

I find I'm really not into the action stuff in The Flash lately. I agree that the strongest stuff in the pre-break episode were the more simplistic character interaction scenes, and I kind of think that's been a trend. I don't think Zoom is a very good villain, so maybe that's why I'm a little bored.

Overall, I've enjoyed this season of Arrow more than the last, and I think that's because I enjoy Dahrk so much more than I enjoyed Ra's. But I'm still struggling to remember a standout episode from the fall, other than maybe the premiere. I think my expectations are just so much lower for that show than they used to be. It used to be something I really looked forward to all week. Now it's just, "Oh hey, this is on, I'll watch it." I miss season 2, haha

8. That's a great point. I feel the same way. It's the difference between the shows that when they air I'm like "oh fuck yes, can't wait to watch this tonight" versus these where I've let a few weeks pile up and it's like "oh, ok, I'll turn that on if there's not something better on and I'm just about to fall asleep and want to zone out" -- if that makes sense.

9. Craig Manning

I think all of the table setting for Legends of Tomorrow has really hurt both shows for me. Maybe it'll pay off with a cool show, but all of the hints and set-ups have been tiresome, and that crossover episode was...not so good.

10. Exactly.

11. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely makes sense. I have a stack of shows that fall into that "I'll watch when I have time category." Also, trying out the highlighting certain sentences and using the quote/reply option. Pretty cool little shortcut.

12. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Edit: And apparently I did it wrong and chose multi-quote first instead of 'reply.'

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. Heh. Once you get the difference it all makes sense.

;-)

Eric Wilson likes this.
  14. Craig Manning

15. Craig Manning likes this.
  16. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome. Looks like we're getting that Flash/Supergirl crossover. Pretty cool that The CW and CBS are doing this.

17. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

This episode was practically perfect. One of my favorites out of the entirety of BerlantiVerse

18. I'm excited. I'm two behind I think.

19. Meerkat

@Jason Tate I think you'll really love it. It's probably the best episode of BerlaniVerse from the current season of television, which isn't exactly saying much but it's also one of my favorites of the entire universe in general.

20. I've been catching up later at night and this show works a lot better for me when it's more of a passive thing to put on and watch and enjoy but maybe also be posting some news.

21. Craig Manning

Last night's was one of the best episodes of the show yet, for sure.

22. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

The Earth-2 stuff was really the best this show's been in a while

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. Really enjoying the last few episodes. This season has been getting good.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  24. Meerkat

Really not sure how I feel about the Zoom reveal. Trying to hold off on judging until I see how they explain and account for it, but the next episode not airing for a month isn't helping

Eric Wilson likes this.
  25. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Infinite Jays