Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The First Holidays With Chorus • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 1, 2016.

1. ARo24

Regular

It sure is. Shorts one week winter jacket the next. Past few winters have been really strange.

Nyquist likes this.
  2. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I think we managed to break every record in the book the last few winters.

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Don't play that theme wasn't cute. it's what made me finally change to the purple theme which >>>>> everything!

Jason Tate and Tim like this.
  4. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

The southeast is expected to get a pattern shift come mid month with some much needed rain if the models stay as they are. 45 or so days currently without measurable rain so a short term drought. Also should be cool for the weekend(high in the mid 60s).

I have totally went to Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners in shorts before so it's not totally abnormal.

5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

6. I gotta take a little credit as a human on this planet.

coleslawed and Fucking Dustin like this.
  7. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

That actually does make sense but is less fun than me imagining you specifically destroying the climate of Alabama

8. :demon:O:-)

9. snaps

Regular Supporter

Really love the holiday logo.

InfiniteArms and Jason Tate like this.
  10. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Really love this. But yeah it was high 80s here today. Crazy.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. All of you in the 80's need some santa hats.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  12. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

A brisk 77 in the Chicago yesterday. Bring on the nog.

13. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

I know it's a wreath, but I thought the O was a lil donut at first glance, which tbh was equally exciting. Happy holidays!

14. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Can I go on Christmas vacation now that the holiday theme is here on the website? K thanks.

15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

gonna bump this because i think it's a discussion worth having, especially here

electro haikus likes this.
  16. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Yeah, surprised to see this post get glossed over. I don't subscribe to any faith so I'm ambivalent to whatever. I do celebrate Christmas as an "open presents with loved ones and drink alcohol with breakfast" day, though.

17. cwhit

the snowflake theme was fine because that was "winter" but this definitely seems to lean into the direction of a specific faith, especially in my opinion. it doesn't necessarily bother me that much but it's still weird to see here

18. esposimi

Regular Prestigious

Me right now

Imgur Image

19. Shrek

@cwhit This took me five seconds and encompasses winter/other religions. @Jason Tate is it possible to make the logo rotate randomly at intervals? And yes my low res, Google image stealing, .png creating talents are available for the low low price of self-validation.

[​IMG]

cwhit likes this.
  20. cwhit

that's adorable and i love it, haha. of course it's weird because you also have kwanzaa in there as well, i'd rather just drop all the religious oriented ones and just keep the secular ones

electro haikus likes this.
  21. Nope. Not a fan. I like the wreath. It comes from a pagan ritual of the changing of the seasons, if we're going to look at the history, and since I made it I don't have to pay to license any graphics.

lightning13 and Vivatoto like this.
  22. Shrek

Allllrighty then.

FTank likes this.
  23. cwhit

do you not consider the wreath to have a religious connotation? just curious

24. Nope. I have one that smells like cinnamon pinecones.

lightning13, PandaBear! and NotBruce like this.
  25. cwhit

understood. just letting you know my personal beliefs being jewish and not knowing any other jews i grew up with having wreaths at all, i definitely feel there's some connotation there. but alright