Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The First Ever Podcast w/ Jeremy Bolm • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jeremyxbolm, Oct 29, 2020.

1. jeremyxbolm

Touche Amore Verified

Episode 32 with Ian Shelton (Musician in Regional Justice Center, Militarie Gun and more) and music video director.

LISTEN HERE

[​IMG]

riotspray likes this.
  2. jeremyxbolm

Touche Amore Verified

JaytotheGee likes this.
  3. jeremyxbolm

Touche Amore Verified

Episode 34 with TV Writer / Director Eric Appel is available now! - THE FIRST EVER PODCAST

Description:

Jeremy talks to TV Director and Writer Eric Appel (The Office, Silicon Valley, Brooklyn 99, The Andy Milonakis Show, Son of Zorn, and more)

During this podcast the two discuss Los Angeles commutes, Burbank, growing up in Endicott NY, Monty Python, Moron Movies, MTV’s The State, going to school for animation, attending and participating in improv shows, his time at the UCB theatre, living with Andy Milonakis and getting hired to write on his show, Human Giant, the writers strike in 2007, transitioning to directing at Funny or Die, getting hired to direct an episode of The Office and what that experience was like, the intricacies of directing Son of Zorn, his first feature Die Hart with Kevin Hart, and Eric makes Jeremy misty eyed with a Pee Wee Herman story.

[​IMG]

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Finally listened to the Ben Walsh ep, and loved the talk of that PA scene. Excited to check out the Jordan ep. I’m slowly working my way through these

jeremyxbolm likes this.
  5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Very cool guest/epsiode, I totally forgot about Human Giant wish there was a way to watch that lol

jeremyxbolm likes this.
  6. jeremyxbolm

Touche Amore Verified

Even just remembering the Mentos skit kills me.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  7. jeremyxbolm

Touche Amore Verified

Episode 35 is Yvette Young of Covet is NOW AVAILABLE

During this podcast the two discuss how it was living on campus at UCLA, trying to write Baroque classical music, her love for The Darkness, learning instruments at an early age, her first band Astrochasm, her first show at Jerry’s Pizza in Bakersfield, the early stages of making art, her physical and mental health struggles (TW: anorexia) and how music helped her, getting a bachelors in fine arts, recording with Covet for the first time, catching Bird Flu on her first tour, SXSW and the pains that come with it, her signature Ibanez guitar, our mutual love for Iceland, releasing her solo material DIY, a special performance of Parachute and so much more!

[​IMG]

JaytotheGee likes this.
  8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Loved the Halley Gross ep. I’ve been meaning to check out Banshee for a while, and now I’m definitely gonna start Too Old to Die Young

9. jeremyxbolm

Touche Amore Verified

Strap in. It's FUCKED

Cameron likes this.
  10. jeremyxbolm

Touche Amore Verified

Episode 36 with Julien Baker is NOW AVAILABLE!

Jeremy talks to Singer/Songwriter Julien Baker

During this podcast the two discuss running in Los Angeles with the bad air quality, the release of Little Oblivions, not being able to tour right away, Green Day, bringing an acoustic to the mall, hiding music from your parents, learning piano, her first guitar, teaching herself the solo from a My Chemical Romance song, her first bands, first experiences recording, her first experiences with a record label, the genesis of Sprained Ankle, going to a big studio for Turn Out the Lights, playing with a full band and her comforts doing that with Boygenius, listener questions, and so much more!

[​IMG]

awakeohsleeper, Zilla and JaytotheGee like this.
  11. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Shoosh Sam Carter

12. jeremyxbolm

Touche Amore Verified

Episode 37 is now available with my guest SAM CARTER of ARCHITECTS.

LISTEN HERE

"Jeremy talks to Architects vocalist Sam Carter

During this podcast the two discuss their time touring together opening for Rise Against and what they learned from that experience going forward, growing up in Brighton, his first drum kit, Nirvana and Blink 182’s influence, seeing The Ataris live, the first show he played, how the first time he sang live was opening for Bring Me the Horizon which landed him an Architects audition, writing lyrics in the studio, navigating record labels, being prepared to record, working with Steve Evetts, signing to Epitaph, the last recording experiences with Tom Searle, touring while grieving, the new album For Those That Wish to Exist, Elton John, questions from listeners and so much more!"

[​IMG]

Montauk1222 likes this.
  13. jeremyxbolm

Touche Amore Verified

Episode 38 and last episode for a few weeks with my guest Kathryn Edwards of THIRDFACE is available now

During this podcast the two discuss growing up in Mississippi, moving to Nashville for College, the music she grew up around and learning piano, playing clarinet in the high school band, learning how to play bass, the formation of Donors, discovering pop punk, the box music video channel, fall out boy, her first time performing, the formation of Thirdface, her first recording experiences, booking shows, the genesis of DRKMTTR Collective, the joys of having access to screen printing, designing a shirt for Paramore, horror movie talk, and more!

[​IMG]

JaytotheGee and stars143 like this.
  14. jeremyxbolm

Touche Amore Verified

The show has returned! I've joined The Hard Times network and I'll be back every Wednesday with new episodes. I also launched a patreon which has bonus content benefits + extra episodes of upcoming radio episodes where I'll be playing music and talking music. Lots of exciting stuff!

EPISODE 39 - NED RUSSIN - AVAILABLE NOW

Jeremy Bolm interviews Ned Russin of Title Fight, Glitterer and author of the brand new book Horizontal Rust.
    During this episode they discuss Ned’s experiences with writing his first novel, how his older Brother Alex introduced him to hardcore, his first band Salsa Shark and what their first show was like, his first experiences recording, Flight Plan Records, how Glitterer started and working with Alex G, performing live, and much more!

Discuss this episode with Jeremy and other listeners:

Instagram -https://www.instagram.com/thefirsteverpodcast
    Twitter -https://www.twitter.com/thefirsteverpod

[​IMG]

JaytotheGee and chewbacca110 like this.