Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Final Post on AP.net, The Transition to Chorus • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Keepin' it short but almost a decade on ap and I can confidently say I would not be the same person I am today without it, and almost certainly not a better one. Cheers.

Garrett L. and Jason Tate like this.
  2. Haha, thanks for the edits.

Craig Manning likes this.
  3. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Bummer, thanks for looking though.

4. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

:clap:

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

[​IMG]

This is how I kinda feel right now. If I could hug AP I would. So @Jason Tate, if I ever meet you irl, I hope you're not uncomfortable with hugs. Cause I will want to give you one if drunk.

6. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

he's gone

gone

gone....

nothin gonna bring him back

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Oh boy.

I sent a similar message to Jason a month or so ago before I knew the site was closing as I pleaded my case to get away from a Perma-ban from AP. I lasted less than a week before I emailed him an apology.

This site has changed my life, truly.

I wasn't staff, I wasn't on the site from the beginning and I probably didn't even leave that big of a dent, but it changed me. It's so easy to stop learning and close yourself off to different experiences as you get older. I joined the site in 08, a junior in high school who was incredibly confident in his own personal pop culture taste. I began posting more frequently in 09-10, my freshman year of college. I was away from home, most of my friends, my comfortability. I began to meet new people who began to challenge my perception of what was intelligent or normal or cool, so I turned to AP as a home base, so to speak.

There are so many people I need to thank for changing the way that I think, and who continue to challenge my viewpoints to this day. Dom, as well as most of the regular posters in the Racism Thread/most politics threads that I lurk because I'm way too ignorant to contribute meaningful ideas in, I have you to thank for shifting my gears towards a more social justice oriented degree in Urban Education. The movie thread posters, Tetra, Brandon, Adam, Tyler, Mal, Darr, Steven, Safeword, Milkshake, everyone else because there were so many dope people in there: the Entertainment Forum of the website became my hub in terms of culture and influence for the last few years. Nathan and Henry, you're doing an excellent job already in the Entertainment threads on here, I hope that community continues to grow. Comedy Thread/Spoon Nation, specifically Cody, it's been an absolute pleasure sharing completely meaningless to the outside world jokes with you for the past 5 or so years. Hip Hop Oldheads, Deadkid, Will, Trevor, AriChristos, thanks for being way too cool for me and ridiculing me until I got myself in check. General Forum 10-16 posters, Pat, Jake, Ryan, Chris, Ian, Odran, Alex Keyes, Seth, NotDan, Ben, Steve, Erin, Jeff, even Casey, everyone else whose actual name I don't even know: we wasted literal years of our lives and hundreds of thousands of posts bullshitting and arguing with each other. I've talked more with you than I have people who are coming to my wedding, honestly. We've had our disagreements in the past and half of you probably hate me but I'm doing my best!

Finally, Jason and everyone else who was involved in the Safer Scene/Pure Noise events of the last few years, what you've done in order to change the atmosphere of that website was truly inspiring. Saddr, Kiana, Kayla, Lightning, OctoberOrigins, Eva, literally anyone who spoke out against the horrible shit that plagued the scene and the website: thank you. I don't know how often I thanked you on the site, but I respected and truly learned from every post you all made. I may have handled things poorly and let my aggression and anger get in the way of a more nuanced conversation relating to those events, so I'm sorry. Your voices were drowned out far too often by myself and other members of the site, but trust me when I say that you all made an impact on the posters of that site. I hope that you can lead the way as we foster a more positive and thoughtful community on this site.

That was long and rambling and doesn't make too much sense but I'm tired so deal with it. If I forgot you, I apologize and don't mean any harm or shade. There's been countless people on this site who have shaped and continue to shape my persona. I hope to continue to learn from all of you in the future.

8. Wharf Rat

Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

If AP was a physical building instead of a website, I would've probably visited it as often as I go to my own home. Music is a massive part of my life, so I'm thrilled you chose to continue on under a new name. Excited to spend countless hours on Chorus!

Jason Tate and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  10. Wharf Rat

damn wait spo i appreciate the post but i get put in the list with casey man

11. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Oh, so @St. Nate is just gonna drop Mr. Feeney like that and we're all going to be okay? Noooooope.

Meerkat, RobbieBerns, scott and 3 others like this.
  12. Damn you. :concerned:

All the hugs.

St. Nate likes this.
  13. Wharf Rat

I'd write a big long sappy post but straight up the track "He's Gone" by the Grateful Dead says everything

14. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

only one more sleep till christmas chorus!

Jason Tate and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 11.06.34 PM.png

"Remember Me?"

Always.

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

@OhTheWater Wasn't expecting to be mentioned there. Dude, we haven't talked together much as of late, but you're one of the great ones and I got plenty of respect for you

OhTheWater likes this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

The state of disbelief I still have that AP's getting whacked is probably staying with me well after today. Gonna miss it all.

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Of course dude, you were there from the beginning!

Serh likes this.
  19. Serh Mar 30, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 27, 2019)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm like 95% sure I called you Spo (or "the 'Spo") before anyone here did, so that's something

OhTheWater likes this.
  20. Meerkat, Tim and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ like this.
  21. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

[​IMG]
    :verysad:

22. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

I love this. Thanks for letting me be a part of this. I love you all

Mr. Serotonin, Meerkat and Jason Tate like this.
  23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

So @Jason Tate what are you gonna do w/ the AP twitter and facebook accounts? Was this already answered? I skimmed through most of this, sorry.

24. Wharf Rat

i keep thinking of more grateful dead lyrics that apply to this situation

"The bus came by and I got on
    That's when it all began
    There was cowboy Neal
    At the wheel
    Of a bus to never-ever land"

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Man, AP has been a staple for my life since au was like 14... Crazy. Excited for the new chapter.

Jason Tate likes this.