Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Final Post on AP.net, The Transition to Chorus • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 30, 2016.

1. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I really need to go to bed but I feel genuinely excited for tomorrow, excited to watch the rollout of this all in real time. Thats such a cool feeling. I feel like I'm part of something phenomenal here. It feels like we're all going in on this together, which I think is extraordinarily special.

2. I loved that thread. All the viral stuff? That was so much fun.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  3. I have so many memories and recollections of the site - I've been posting on it for nearly 12 years! That's almost half my life.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I remember the summer of '09 wasting untold hours in the Brand New thread with Dave "The Personist" and many others, some of them still here. I remember discovering The National because of IWasaCamera and, by the end of that day, going to FYE to pick up Boxer because I couldn't go a day without the whole thing. I remember having a significant part in turning the Taylor Swift thread from a creepy place of picture-drooling to a place of discussing her music. I remember being mocked by my friends for posting here a lot. I remember getting mad at ignorant people and, just years prior, being one of the ignorant people.

Good times. Here's to many more.

5. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I'm doing it right now. Going to post goodbye posts in the threads I frequented the most and then I'm peacing out.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. I had over 170k posts on AP.net - can't wait to replicate that here haha

Iago likes this.
  7. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

fuck my emotions..

8. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Right before this thread went up I was about to play Farcry and figured I'd check in real quick. Now I've been listening to the title screen for idk how long.

Edit: Holy shit I didn't even realize its been almost 2 hours

Jason Tate and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  9. so @Jason Tate did I end up with the most posts ever on AP.net?

10. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

The fact that I'm 25 and I joined AP when I was 15 kind of blows my mind. I've been positing on the site since before a lot of my other favorite sites probably even existed.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I should have been paying more attention because this took me by surprise. Honestly pretty sad, simply for the nostalgia. Only been on the new site a couple of days and I love it. Really tremendous work.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. Haha, I don't even know at this point for sure because all the numbers got thrown off a bunch, the database is messed up, I think it's you or me.

13. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Jason and I were talking the other night and I realized I joined AP before I joined Facebook.

14. we accounted for 300k of the all the posts on AP.net!

15. I've been trying to toss out some hints where/when I can, but a lot of it I couldn't say while legal stuff got dealt with (story for another time). Thanks though!

Vivatoto likes this.
  16. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I was mainly a lurker on ap. I've been registered for probably 8 years and only had around 1000 posts but I visited multiple times a day because I always enjoy reading what you and everybody else have to say. You created a damn fine community there and I can't wait to see what's to come. Congrats Jason.

Jason Tate, Tyler and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  17. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Hoooolllllyyyy shit, so did I. I remember joining facebook when i was 16. I didn't want to sign up, because I was thought I was being "cool", haha, and then my girlfriend convinced me to do it.

I had AP, why did I need FB? Still sorta feel that way haha.

Garrett L. and Jason Tate like this.
  18. PatRFinley

My girlfriend was a user in 07, but hasn't logged on probably since then. We just spent a good amount of time trying to figure out her username. Couldn't find it, guess it doesn't matter anyway. Its gone tomorrow

19. Haha, kinda amazing. Final tally for posts on AP.net is over 20 million.

Which is kinda amazing. I'm proud of that stat.

I looked at some stats on Google Analytics the other day going back to when I started using it (around 2009 it looks like), and we had over 750m pageviews all in all (mad we didn't get to 1 billion, I wanted 1 billion just on AP), something like 44 million unique visitors though. Over 44 million different people visited AP.net from 2009-2016. That's ... that's something I don't think I really get.

Tyler, Garrett L. and Drew Beringer like this.
  20. She remember her email address from around that time? I could look if I could find it.

21. well I'm going to bed / can't wait for tomorrow guys

xoxo

22. PatRFinley

23. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Pleased I got to be one of the first people to read this. Still love it. Best wishes, @Jason Tate. Can't wait for the new chapter.

I'm currently spam-bombing AP.net with Bruce Springsteen videos, if anyone wants to participate.

Meerkat, Iago and Jason Tate like this.
  24. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

When I joined AP I still had a myspace I actively used. And braces. And didn't know how to apply eyeliner. I've come so far...