Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Final Post on AP.net, The Transition to Chorus • Page 25

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 30, 2016.

1. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

My dad used to tell me this would happen...and here we are! I'm actually more than okay with it, though.

Tommy and Jason Tate like this.
  2. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

As someone who's visited AP since 2002 (and been a registered member since 03), I'm gonna miss that site and the forums. I grew up with Jr basically. I remember a point where the forum community was so toxicwith sexism, homophobia and casual racism (all in the name of shock humor) and I'll admit I totally participated in that now and then. But I matured and its been great to see the strides the community made there with maturing and becoming more inclusive over the years. And yet, despite all that bullshit, there was a golden era for me in the music forum and I'll always have a soft spot for that.

With that said, the new site looks great and I love everything about it. Shout out to Jason Tate for taking this huge step forward. I'm happy to see that emphasis on inclusivity transition over to this space too.

Im happy to be here!

Jason Tate and Meerkat like this.
  3. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Hey buddy!

4. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

Hey, man! Good to see you and sweet Malcolm X avatar on here!

Dominick likes this.
  5. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

@Jason Tate do you know what the last comment posted on ap.net was?

6. Yeah, it's on my snapchat. It was just a little something I wrote. Then closed it.

7. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

It's great to see some AP regulars that had left the site or slowed down with posting coming over to check out Chorus

phaynes1 and Jason Tate like this.
  8. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

tate might've had the last post but I had the last edit. it was a nice pic of jerry waving goodbye.

9. :crylaugh:

10. Trent Gill

trentgill.ca Prestigious

I took a screenshot of my "favourite" lists because I remember curating them so specifically at the time. I guess now is a good time to reflect on how "taste" used to be so important to my identity and now I've stopped caring.

Also, how in the hell did I get to 13,000 posts? I can barely imagine having that many thoughts I thought were worth pushing onto the internet. Existential hazard of this point in history, I guess.

11. tommymcphail Apr 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 1, 2016)
    tommymcphail

Death To Apathy/Get Busy or Get Left Behind

Waking up to log into AP.net and being redirected to Chorus this morning was definitely a blow, but I'm super excited about this site, and have endless gratitude to you @Jason Tate for all the wonderful community you did at AP.net. Thank you for being you. I owe you several beers, in this life or the next. :heart:

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  12. Thank you so much. And you became a supporter! Hah, that's going to definitely be :beer: in the future! Hahah, thank you, sincerely, from the the bottom of my heart.

tommymcphail likes this.
  13. I got a notification here yesterday that said I passed 3,000 already and I just sighed.

GettingSodas and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ like this.
  14. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

Hi Friend!

15. Trent Gill

trentgill.ca Prestigious

They add up quickly, but I remember a time where "type before think" was how my brain worked. Now I'm just paranoid and self-censoring because I'm afraid something stupid and thoughtless will come back to haunt me. That's how it works now, right?

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Jason! Congrats on the new website - at first it nearly broke my heart thinking of how much of a sudden change am I supposed to accustom to, but I guess it all comes from a good place.

I wish I would've known about that earlier, I would save some of my links, I'd check those articles that I had saved for later a few weeks ago, and also I'd at least try to save a few contacts to other people etc. I'm a bit sad that everything's gone, and besides all of my posts - which don't mean that much probably - that some of the private messages that I'd like to save are vanished. I guess I'm to blame for not visiting the forums that often, and only staying in the comments section (oh well...). I'm too sentimental, and I'm panicking a bit that I won't be able to go back and search for anything from the past like I used to. But hopefully it's gonna be a good change and we'll manage just fine!

Anyway, I'll stay here for as long as it's about the music I love! I don't even know how many posts did I have or anything, but I remember I was lurking ap since around 2002! And I'm sure I was already a user in 2004-2005. A fun fact - I still wear the orange bracelet ap made to support Andrew McMahon back in the day, so it's been on my hand for over 10 years!

I'll get back home from work and will start exploring all the differences and changes, but this is all like a new start, I guess.

Edit: hehh - 'newbie' sounds so weird right now ;p

17. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Loving the new look and changes, great job Jason.

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. :-)

Made me smile.

19. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

I like the new site. It's a welcomed change.

20. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

It's weird how good the music forum was at a time the rest of the site was so ugly (to me).

21. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I had one of those, as well! It broke mt sophomore year of college, I want to say. It was devastating. I still think about that thing! I wish I could've fixed it :tear:

22. grang

Newbie Prestigious

I was on AP.net for over ten years (uh oh smmoreo) and while the new site looks great and everything, the main features of the forums that I used were in the Prestigious. I never amassed even close to 15000 posts during my time of AP.net, but I did spend a good portion of my time while on the site there. I am very disappointed to see that there is no way to have that transitioned over because I arrived too late, without paying 25 dollars.

I do wish you luck with the website and I know I won't be missed, but tbh I'm kind of put off by that. Maybe I'll come back later when I'm not feeling so butthurt about it lol

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. Coulda just messaged me man. I upgraded your account.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  24. itsmesean0630 Apr 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 1, 2016)
    itsmesean0630

There's no "I" in team but there's an "i" in pizza Prestigious

After considering a name change, I figured I would just keep my old one. I don't even post as much as I used to, but I figured I would follow the website wherever went because I've already wasted the last 11 years or so here anyway.

But I don't understand. I had a bunch of posts, was prestigious, etc etc...I guess it doesn't matter now?

I read the post by Jason and understand that some people are getting it and some aren't? It doesn't matter really, I suppose. I'm just curious.

EDIT: Never mind. Thanks, Jason. This new site is gonna take some getting used to.

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Whoa now, I want prestigious too. I may have been the longest active user on AP aside from Jason.

Sweet brag, I know.