Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Final Post on AP.net, The Transition to Chorus • Page 24

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I've been waiting years for a site overhaul you always talked about but I never expected it to come like this.

I've been poking around the forum and main site and I gotta say this site is really solid. Clean and easy to navigate.

I'm certainly gonna miss AP.net as it's a site I've visited daily since 2008 and I've discovered so many bands through that site. Feels like losing a friend and making a new one the same day.

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Dammit mitch that album doesnt deserve that beer

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

[​IMG]

4. Luroda

Consistently Lurking

My last post in AP is in an Anberlin related post, and I feel like it's bittersweet that the last post to a site that I've lurked in for 8-9 years is in an Anberlin news, the same band that directed me to AP in the first place. Thank you AbsolutePunk.net, and glad to be here in Chorus.fm! As long as I get my fix of music news, I'll be here a long time.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. fame

i thought this was chorus.FM?? Prestigious

listening to fob imaging all the lyrics were written about ap

"Tonight the headphones will deliver you the words that I can't say
    Tonight I'm writing you a million miles away.
    Tonight is all about "We miss you"

These friends are, new friends are golden"

troyplaysbass and cshadows2887 like this.
  6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The redirect is surreal.

Garrett L. and troyplaysbass like this.
  7. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Front page of Chorus looks good.

8. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Didn't know AP too long, but it was an important part of my Internet experience. Ready to embrace Chorus.fm with love and open arms

9. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

404 not found now :(

RIP Absolutepunk, Thnks Fr Th Mmrs

Meerkat, fame and jordalsh like this.
  10. bd007h Mar 31, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 31, 2016)
    bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

I got confused when I got on the forums just bit ago and everything was missing. Thought I was banned for some random reason I couldn't figure out hahaha

11. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

Holy crap, if I would have known it was going so fast, I would have tried to salvage some of my blog entries.

12. I got banned.

Jusscali likes this.
  13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I am still posting on AP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ likes this.
  14. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I've still got it as well. Wish I knew of anything I wanted to save. I wish I could save my sig!

15. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  16. fame

i thought this was chorus.FM?? Prestigious

"WHY PUT A NEW ADDRESS
    ON THE SAME OLD LONELINESS
    And this is you and me
    And me and you
    Until we've got nothing left"

tfw pete wentz predicted ap redirecting to chorus

wow

tommymcphail likes this.
  17. James

The forums on AP are officially gone for me. So crazy since I pretty much found out about everything a couple days ago. And for how frequently I lurked on AP, I'm surprised I never really found out anything sooner. But I guess Jason wanted to keep a lot of stuff a secret until things got up and running. My goal is to post more on here and definitely follow news/threads/users more actively. Gonna try and beat my AP record of 47 posts in twelve years. So hello!

ChiliTacos likes this.
  18. CampfireColorado

Regular

My heart skipped a beat when absolutepunk.net redirected me. Not a big poster but I checked that site like everyday for the past ten years. Excited for the new things to come!

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I can still get on AbsoluePunk, is that supposed to be happening?

20. Tommy

Such a bittersweet day in the world of AP.net. I remember finding the site during my early years of college, in a computer lab, in a time when Netscape was a default browser. I was really into MxPx and found AbsolutePunk searching for pictures of them for my first desktop computer. Various evolutions of the site would later inspire the backbone of my own websites.

Just the other day I literally thought to myself, "AbsolutePunk.net is the only website that I still check on a daily basis from 15, maybe even 10 years ago." It's quite sad to see the one constant that has managed to survive all the Myspaces, AIMs, Netvibes, etc. It was a great comfort to know that my source for finding and enjoying music was always there. And for that, a huge thanks to Jason for keeping this site alive for as long as he did.

I'm now on the "older" end of the punk music spectrum. I often feel like that guy who was in his mid 30's hanging on to Van Halen and Warrant albums when I was in college. Being that guy today makes me think 1.) That guy was more awesome than I thought! 2.) We're lucky to have a community like this to keep finding the music we love. 3.) Though my tastes grow and expand, I am still a sucker for solid pop punk hooks and this community is the last remaining resource for a guy who just doesn't have time to scour the internet like he did back in school.

Working for a large internet site myself, I completely understand that if you don't keep up with technology and keep reinventing yourself on the web, you just can't stay relevant or even compete for that matter. The change was overdue and i look forward to seeing where this goes from here!

Cheers!

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

@Jason Tate Thank you for everything that has to do with absolutepunk.net and now Chorus. I have been with ap.net since 2004 and I am more than excited that you are getting to continue to live out your dream with Chorus. I am really excited to continue to engage with this community and when my money gets a little more free plan to donate to the site as well.

Congratulations on your accomplishments, thank you one of my favorite places on the internet and I wish you well with everything good sir!

22. Thank you so much. It really has been pretty amazing seeing and reading all the responses over the past few days.

I'm really glad you came over!

ramomcferno likes this.
  23. There will be weird DNS propagation stuff probably 24 hours or so. The internet is funny like that.

24. I've had like three people get mad at me on twitter because they thought I banned them. Heh. I was like ... nooooooo.

25. Oh wow, that's so amazing you've been reading for all those years. Thank you. I think that's incredible. I still kind of remember some of those designs. Hah.