Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Final Post on AP.net, The Transition to Chorus • Page 12

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 30, 2016.

1. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

Wharf Rat likes this.
  2. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Pretty sure my first post was about Taste of Chaos 2009, memories yo

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

my first quote is about avenged sevenfold and loving their album waking the fallen. no idea about my first post.

4. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

search for your posts from a year ago and older and check "show as posts", the last page of that should be your very first posts

Nick likes this.
  5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

dang yeah forgot. my first post was about funeral for a friend, which doesn't shock me as my username was a song of theirs and i signed up because of their then upcoming album.

New Funeral For A Friend Single dat me

AelNire likes this.
  6. DarkHotline

That band was and is still so cool.

Nick likes this.
  7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

lmao my first page of posts is about ffaf, shitting on ronnie radke, saying avenged sevenfold's guitarists weren't great and getting shit on and enjoying the second Panic! album.

8. DarkHotline

I still love Panic's second record. Don't care what anyone says, that record is dope. Got my dad into it and he largely is impossible to get any music through to. Still have a vinyl copy of it too.

Slangster, Vivatoto and Nick like this.
  9. razorburn

Trusted

Perfect write-up, Jason.

I'm in love with the new forums and features and, just, everything. Sure, I'll miss AP - I've been visiting it daily since high-school - but it was time to move on.

Here's the the future.

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Very well-written post Jason! I really think you've built something special here, and that it will pay off in the great community that's already coming together. It's refreshing to see a site owner be so committed to excellence across the board.

Also this haha... I've spent far too many hours reading AP forums and news posts, and I don't regret it one bit.

11. alert=danger

Eat The City. Eat It Whole. Prestigious

Very big fan of the new site, and a great post there Jason.

AP was great, made some friends that I still interact with, have met up with and drank with, gone to gigs. Looking forward to seeing what comes from Chorus.

12. Checkered

Regular

Not that cut about the change at all. Didn't read the whole thread so I doubt what I'm saying is a fresh take but I loved the site as much as anyone did back in 2010-2012. After that I realised that I didn't really like a lot of the interactions that took place and how it felt like people were waiting for an excuse to attack. Posted something similar on AP a while back and got met with a bit of criticism despite admitting that at some stage I was probably a part of that same problem that was now alienating.

I do post on another forum but it's a bit more limited and I never really did find a replacement for the AP of old. I am a bit nostalgic for those old days and I do miss that.

Anyway the site needed a change. We had outgrown the name, the forums felt a bit hostile and there needed to be a good bit of separation from most of the news posters. I didn't think I'd post much when I signed up the other day but I thought I'd give it a go. I'm liking it so far though I've gotta say - it's nice having a general and a music forum which actually serve the purposes they're meant to. That being said, I now already regret going with a stupid username.

Vivatoto likes this.
  13. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

I'm honestly so glad I know you I love you so much bub

Meerkat likes this.
  14. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Today is going to be some surreal shit.

15. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I'll miss AP.net. Helped me find a lot of great music and talked to some really cool people through the years. I'm ready for Chorus to take over my life just as AP.net did.

16. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

I feel like I'm losing a friend today or something. DAMN YOU, JASON. Stop being so progressive and forward-thinking!

Jason Tate and Charlie Joseph like this.
  17. Craig Manning

@cshadows2887 After some digging, I think our first conversation was arguing about Avatar.

18. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Oh yeah. We did NOT get along on movies. Haha. Thankfully, it's a music site.

Craig Manning likes this.
  19. Craig Manning

Eventually, we found out that we both were huge Springsteen fanboys. Then you sent me Chad Perrone's records.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  20. Craig Manning

I was also a huge asshole in the entertainment forum.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  21. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

And then you helped me get Chad Perrone on my record and achieve my lifelong dreams. It's been cool.

SpyKi and Craig Manning like this.
  22. Craig Manning

And then Chad Perrone hired me to write something for his website. What a long, strange trip it's been.

SpyKi and cshadows2887 like this.
  23. phaynes1

Regular

Lol the one time I "met" @Sophos im pretty sure we nodded at each other across the room and that was it.

I met mar and Evan too at separate shows in St. Louis and Chicago and they both asked me how tall I was and how I got so tall lmao.

Wharf Rat and Nick like this.
  24. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

so:clap:darn:clap:excited

25. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

jason will the site still be up till friday?