Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Final Post on AP.net, The Transition to Chorus • Page 11

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

2. jordalsh and SoundInTheSignals like this.
  3. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

I'm so excited for all of this.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Oh my god. Losing AP is going to be really fucking sad. The number one habit of my daily routine for the better part of a decade. Excited for what's to come wholeheartedly, but man, this is a much bigger gut punch then I expected. I've grown a bit further away from the heavy posting I used to do in recent years, but man, '08-'11, a lot of you on here were some of my closest friends. This place got me through a ton of shit without knowing it. Fond memories forever.

Thanks for everything, Jason. I'm not alone in the effect your site has had on me. It's not lost on us, we all love you and your work, and we can't wait to see where you take everything.

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

[​IMG]

So sometimes I don't realize how many genuine friendships and connections were made on the site, but it's really cute and heartwarming to read about everyone's experiences and how you guys are all close irl and meet up! is it awkward the first time you meet? Do you talk about the site and its goings on irl? It's fascinating tbh!

6. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

First time I met @Sophos, he and TacyonPython were waiting outside The Pageant for a FOB show. Awkward convos were had. Over time though, I've hung with Jake a few times and he's always been a cool dude. Last time I saw him was April 2014 for a BTBAM show, we jammed to Deafheaven and then he peaced out. We need to hang again sometime, it's been literally years.

7. Sophos

Regular

The first time I met Brandon I told him to wake the fuck up

Wharf Rat and Charlie Joseph like this.
  8. DarkHotline

On that note, I miss a lot of the STL Elite peeps. Literally have not seen most of them in so long. Forgot the last time I ran into Evan, Warped Tour I think? Mar, outside the Pageant waiting to get into the Interpol show that day and she came up for Death Cab For Cutie tickets. Spencer, Gaslight Anthem show in July 2010. Chase, we hung at a bowling alley and drank.

9. DarkHotline

Almost forgot, met thisisadisaster Wade at Warped Tour 2010. He was in line to meet Andrew WK but just missed the mark. I however did get to meet him and I saw him walking out. Awkward conversation was had but it was so cool to meet him, dude is such a good person.

10. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I just realized that the day after I signed up for Chorus, I got a new phone and Chorus was the first site I bookmarked. I only went on AbsPunk today to check Craig's Springsteen posts, when in comparison, I'd be on the site multiple times a day with my old phone. What a convenient fresh start in that sense too. Funny how things work out.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. DarkHotline

This site is so much more mobile friendly, I adore it.

smoke4thecaper, Jason Tate and Iago like this.
  12. Iago

forbidden chalice.

It really is! It sure made me happy.

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. DarkHotline

New site goals: I finally get to met Henry and we can nerd out about stuff.

14. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Just woke up to all of these responses to the beaut write up from Jason, timezones can be the bane of my life.

I've messaged Jason my thoughts and thanks and I just wanted to say in general that I love you all and I'm so excited for what's next. To be a part of Chorus feels incredible, fresh, hopeful and full of positivity and prospects. Thank you all, let's do it xo

Jason Tate, fame, Iago and 2 others like this.
  15. Meerkat Mar 31, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 31, 2016)
    Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Well fuck, now I've gotta get sappy too.

First of all, thank you to the few people who mentioned me as having an impact on their lives, world views, etc. It's really nice of you to give me credit for the things you're giving me credit for and I don't take that lightly.

I feel very much that AP was where I found my voice. It's where I learned to socialize. I made some of my first ever friends on AP, many of which are still in my life today. Even when AP was at its worst, it still felt like a tiny bit of home that I could burrow into. Even if it was only one thread, there was always somewhere I could just openly be myself.

These past few months, the support I've felt from the community towards my musicianship has been incredible. Everyone who's ever said anything remotely nice about my playing has a special place in my hard. You've all helped my confidence grow and I'm eternally grateful for that.

Thank you @Jason Tate for pushing AP and now Chorus in such a positive, inclusive direction. Thank you to @cshadows2887 for your infinite faith in me and believing in my dreams as strongly as I do. Thank you to @kaylasananjou, the other half to my Leslie/Ann. I don't know which one of us is Leslie and who is Ann, but I know that I love you to the moon and back. Thank you to @US Camera for being infinitely cute and being one of the best friends I've ever had. Thank you @Tim for always reaching out with words of encouragement whether I knew I needed them or not. Thank you @irthesteve for being helpful with my move across the country and always making me feel like I have a friend here. Thank you @Anna Acosta for taking a chance on me, trusting my capabilities, and also for so fiercely believing in me. Thank you @CoffeeEyes17, @AndrewSoup, and @Deathco_019 for being some of the sweetest, most genuine people I've ever met.

Thank you, possibly most of all, to everyone in the PN debacle and sexism threads. I've learned so much from all of you and have found the courage to speak a little louder because of all your support. I've learned so much from Kayla, @Gwen, @Kiana, @AelNire, @PyramidPostcard, @Charlie Joseph, Anna, Alex, @nothingsforeverdude, @Dominick, @lightning13 and @morgantayler. I love you all for helping to create a safe space to learn, grow, and speak.

I've already made so many new friends here. People I would see on AP and maybe chat with here and there have already become daily presences in my life and it's been a true pleasure getting to know you all.

I'm a little drunk, but mostly incredibly grateful. I feel so lucky to have been considered someone who could help shape Chorus into what it's going to be. I'm so excited to see this community come to fruition.

16. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Also if you feel like I should've tagged you I'm sorry. I had alcohol. Blame it on that. Cue the Jamie Foxx tune.

Charlie Joseph likes this.
  17. SO MUCH LOVE IN HERE :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

AbsolutePunk has been like home to me since I was 14, was the one thing I looked forward to all day in high school when I felt lonely and alienated and music was the only thing that made me feel like I was connected to the world. That site helped me to become more analytical and social and has deeply and profoundly influenced my life and my goals for the future. I wanted to say thanks to @Jason Tate, everyone that has been on the staff, and all of the friends I've made for everything AP gave me. Glad to be here with you all on the other side.

Jason Tate, Meerkat and DarkHotline like this.
  18. Tim likes this.
  19. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

I haven't necessarily made many friends that I interact with outside of the forums, but if it weren't for the recommendations and conversations with a lot of you guys on here, my tastes and opinions might've gone in a totally different direction from when I joined AP in '07. I'll always appreciate the site for that. Lots of cool and intelligent and funny people populating these boards. Stay sweet.

jordalsh likes this.
  20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I made a number of friends here, a couple I still talk to regularly. Others fell to the wayside of "Internet friends" guess I never really opened up on ap. But I have loved the last few weeks on here with the smaller beta community getting to know people and hopefully that continues as the sire gets bigger and bigger.

21. Charlie Joseph Mar 31, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 31, 2016)
    Charlie Joseph

Your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man... Prestigious

I am sort of crying at 10am in the morning but I realise how big of a part AP.net was in my life. I had a registered account but never really posted and mostly just lurked a lot of front news posts regularly after school. I used to beam when I saw @kaylasananjou comment on the forums. Also the site introduced me to Brand New, so it wasn't all bad. And becoming staff was a pretty huge achievement in my life and I just don't know how many times I can say thanks @Jason Tate for fostering a community like this.

22. DarkHotline

I honestly want this site to be a new beginning in a way. I really, really, really don't like the anthonydarko persona and it's something I've distanced myself from over time. I want people to know me as how I am, not some bizarre crappy poster I was on AP.

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

that too. i don't like my "legacy" i guess on ap. glad to get a second chance.

AelNire likes this.
  24. George

Trusted Prestigious

Maybe my first ever post? Unknown songs from well known bands

It was my first quote, anyway. In hindsight, there's absolutely nothing interesting about Refused's cover of Back in Black.

25. my first post hahahah 38