Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Film Nerd Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DarkHotline, Apr 6, 2018.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Hey, are you a film nerd? Me too! Let’s geek out about films!

2. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Idk if this is the proper place, but it seems as good a place as any. I went and saw In The Fade yesterday, I thought the first 2 acts were stunning and it was poised to become my favorite film of 2017... but man did that last act miss the mark for me. I got why they went that way, but it just felt so different from the rest of the film it was jarring and took me out of it.

So what are you thinking for this thread Dark?

DarkHotline likes this.
  3. DarkHotline

I want a place where we can geek out about film stuff, like screenplays or cinematography for example, while exposing each other to films we may of missed or didn’t know about. Like I genuinely love talking about film with people on here so I figured we’d have a place to share that love together.

4. DarkHotline

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  5. Dog with a Blog

6. DarkHotline

I love that Nolan and Warner Bros. is doing that, 2001 is definitely something that 70mm is made for and it’s really cool that they’re showing it on film.

7. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

DarkHotline likes this.
  8. DarkHotline

Saw A Quiet Place, the sound design was unreal.

9. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I love film. I mean, I love it.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

is this an episode of I Love Films?

suicidesaints likes this.
  11. wisdomfordebris Apr 7, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2018)
    wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I’ve been on something of a hiatus from serious film for about a year and a half now because I’ve needed only mindless escapes, but I’m finally back to a place where I can actively engage with film and I figured what better way to resume my passion for film than with a Bergman marathon (and a subscription to Filmstruck)? I watched The Virgin Spring a few nights ago, and then Fanny and Alexander two days ago, which immediately became an all time favorite. Absolute magic, and it ended up being EXACTLY what I’ve been in need of for that last year and a half. I’ll be watching Winter Light tonight, and then hopefully I’ll get around to rewatching a Wild Strawberries soon!

I’ve asked around, but any recommendations for film sites, magazines, or podcasts would be appreciated. I’m a fan of Reverse Shot and Filmspotting.

12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Film

13. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

14. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

We’re not talking about movies. We’re talking about films. Like The Godfather and Citizen Kane.

suicidesaints likes this.