Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

FEVER 333 Band • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

My Dad texted me yesterday to say he heard a band on the radio that he hates, guess which band it was...

red8ge likes this.
  2. Jake W

And yes it was Animal that was played

chewbacca110 and Bryan Diem like this.
  3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Haha I figured... imo Blackest Beautiful is pretty close, but I know that’s kind of a minority opinion on here.

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  4. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I should probably listen to this since I’m seeing them on Wednesday

5. simonthebutler

Regular

6. Jake W

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

100% truth

8. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Tbb is just better than FH, even with the bad production

9. TomG

Trusted Supporter

The production on TBB took some getting used to but I think it’s fun and suits the record even if the bass drum is super woofy

beachdude likes this.
  10. Kerrbs

Let's go Cavs! Prestigious

This album is everything I need for the gym

beachdude likes this.
  11. longfeloow

When I first heard "Am I Here?" I could not unhear The Juliana Theory's "Something isn't right here". They arent the same, it just made want to go listen to The Juliana Theory.

I dont know why I felt the need to create an account and say that.

red8ge and latortuga like this.
  12. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I have never listened to these guys before, I actually am enjoying the new album? I see that it has mixed reviews but maybe it's the old school Linkin Park fan in me.

EDIT: Also love the protest elements of this album.

beachdude likes this.
  13. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

A week prior to the album I was on a massive Linkin Park kick, so I think that helped soften the blow of the somewhat-dated sound of Fever 333. Not a bad thing, I've been playing this album loud as hell.

beachdude likes this.
  14. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I'm loving this album more with each listen. If "Inglewood/3" doesn't make you feel things, then I don't know what to tell you.

Anna Acosta and beachdude like this.
  15. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i dunno. the verses are hella clunky and awkward to me. that track is the ultimate cheese

16. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I just find it very earnest and sincere, which, yes, can come off as cheesy, but given the message here I don't think that's the case.

beachdude and bedwettingcosmo like this.
  17. beachdude

Jason Butler has always been a bit cheesy tbh, but he’s also very passionate and sincere. I love “Inglewood/3”

KidLightning likes this.
  18. atlas

Trusted

This is.... pretty ok. A lot of parts are nauseating, the choruses especially. But the longer songs have some cool stuff going on.

I think this band is best when they're just point blank bludgeoning your head in with riffs while Jason's screaming his head off (see: Hunting Season, Trigger) and there's nothing really on here like that which is a bummer

19. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

They use the Charlie Chaplin speech that The Chariot used on "cheek." And it just makes me miss the Chariot even more

red8ge and bedwettingcosmo like this.
  20. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I think I honestly like the ep more, it's shorter and more fun tbh, though this is more mature which is not saying much

21. BenSmith94

Trusted

*Me, listening to the album* This is sorta fun, but why do the choruses sound too pop?

*Sees who produced the album* Ah yes, that would make perfect sense.

22. JM95

Trusted

Inglewood is the point I go completely off this album. Such a nauseating song.

23. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Aric is getting a 6 page spread in Modern Drummer magazine this month. So well deserved.

24. beachdude

Why is it nauseating?

KidLightning likes this.
  25. JM95

Trusted

It's sappy-sounding, boring, far too reminiscent Linkin Park (who I don't like at all), irritatingly produced and very predictable even in the aggressive ending. Chorus is vomit-worthy.