Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Fest 16 Festival • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by abear182, Mar 11, 2017.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Is it pretty safe to assume that the mystery band at The Wooly on Friday is Against Me? It's the only hour long mystery band set.

If so I'm going to be really mad because the Direct Hit vs. Flatliners conflict was already bumming me out but then I would have to miss them both

2. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I think you could make a case for HWM too since they are the "big" local band. AM! at the Wooly would be crazy.

3. Michael Schmidt

I forgot they are playing Friday. Good look.

4. whatisthat

That secret set at Wooly on Friday has to be a big band. I can't imagine it being AM!, since they already have 3 sets that weekend (Prefest x2, Fest x1), I just don't see them doing a 4th set.

5. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

AM! being the mystery band at the Wooly would be amazing and I could definitely see them having no problem playing 4 sets during Fest. Their touring schedule is insane with usually 5-6 shows in a row then a day off and since they have the day off before their Ft Lauderdale show then right in to Fest I'll have my hopes up that that spot is theirs.

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Shit.. Well this just became a huge priority

8. whatisthat

Next week !

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Fuck I can't believe this is next week

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

New mystery set / venue announced for Friday

4:40-5:10 at Leonardos By The Slice

11. Michael Schmidt

I love and hate the mystery sets at the same time.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

One week!!!

13. Tom Lee

Regular

Flying over from the UK tomorrow for Pre-FEST & FEST! If anyone here would like to check out my band Hora Douse, that would be cooooool!! We're playing both, and out in the States for the first time. So stoked. :)

JaytotheGee and electro haikus like this.
  14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I can't believe this is basically here, I'm so excited!

Osceola13 likes this.
  15. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Drove to Ybor, spent 30 minutes in line, got both my wristbands and some merch and now I'm home resting til it's time to head back for when the music starts. Woo hoo!

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Wish I was at Prefest, even though not sure if I could handle 5 days in a row haha

The Orpheum lineup tonight is so damn good

17. whatisthat

I arrive at Tampa tomorrow, definitely going to Crowbar for Banner Pilot > 88 Fingers > Lillingtons

18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like I’m doing this today

Wilhelm
    Flatliners
    Such Gold
    Red City Radio (maybe)
    Snapcase
    Hot Water Music (or Daggermouth+ Banner Pilot.. not sure yet)
    Meridian
    The Dopamines

Wish I could do AM! (don’t want to lineup all day) and Direct Hit but oh well

19. Michael Schmidt

So Fest is pretty fun. Damn.

Tom Lee and Osceola13 like this.
  20. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Yesterday was the best kind of insanity and I still can't believe I witnessed that Against Me! set at the Wooly. Also I'm old and everything hurts.

21. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i wish i had made it into that against me set. ratboys were wonderful last night

22. Tom Lee

Regular

23. Tom Lee

Regular

Come to Loosey's at 7.10pm tomorrow (Sunday)! My band Hora Douse (from the UK) are playing, and it's our first FEST! <&

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That was an absolute blast of a weekend. I will definitely be there next year. So many highlights of the weekend, so many PBR's

Only bummer was how dead Holiday Inn was Sunday night. I was really not trying to have the weekend end so early and heard so many things about how wild it gets there

Tom Lee likes this.
  25. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Wyndham is def the party hotel now. Pretty sure everyone who still wanted to party on Sunday was down there for the beer purge.

Tom Lee and JaytotheGee like this.