Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Fest 16 Festival • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by abear182, Mar 11, 2017.

1. m32137

Regular

So excited for The Movielife, but they aren't billed as exclusive so I'd expect more Florida dates around that time. I'd be very surprised if they don't get Vinnie to do a solo acoustic set as well.

2. HalfHearted

Regular

A Wilhelm Scream will be playing Career Suicide at both Pre Fest and Fest. Can't even wait for this to happen.

3. abear182

Regular

New bands added to Fest today (June 23rd)

Static Radio (Fest Reunion)
    BIGWIG
    Clownvis Presley
    Mean Jeans
    Crime In Stero (Is Dead 10th Anv)
    Street Eaters
    Sweet Cobra
    Ducking Punches (UK)
    The Apology Tour
    Taking Meds
    Young Ladies
    Zeta (VE)
    Life is a Vacuum
    Gusto…

Florida Bands Added:

Radon
    OOF
    Brown Palace
    Consent
    Flat Stanley
    Loose Bearings
    PYRE
    Shakers
    Widow and Children
    ARMS
    Meatwound
    Edmonton
    Protagonist

4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Real stoked about Crime In Stereo

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

6. Tom Lee

Regular

So so stoked for this!

7. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

As @JaytotheGee and I discussed, if you can schedule Friday you are set the rest of the weekend. So much overlap of good bands that I consider high priorities. This will surely be a fun weekend.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  8. Grato

Regular

The Against Me / Weezer cover set overlap on saturday has me miserable

9. Rootradical

Do they sell single day tickets for the pre-fest?

10. HalfHearted

Regular

There are not single day passes, but single venue tickets that can be bought, if that makes sense.

11. Rootradical

Thanks. I only can make the 2nd day of pre fest and didnt want to pay full package price but didnt want to stay at one venue.

12. Tom Lee

Regular

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I made my tentative schedule. Only conflicts that really bum me out are Direct Hit/Flatliners and OWTH/PkewPkewPkew just because I know all 4 of those bands would have way better crowds at Fest than I've ever seen them play to but oh well!

Very excited though

14. tonyvalentine

Regular

Daggermouth/Atom & His Package conflict is really tearing me apart.

15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'm still hoping some of the mystery band slots are my conflicts

16. HalfHearted

Regular

Not sure if you went last year, but the mystery bands last year were amazing.

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

My first year is this year! I'm excited

Do you usually know a good amount of time before the set / how is it announced?

18. whatisthat

Hi, i'm new here... HUGE Fest fan, have gone a couple of times.

Really stoked for Pegboy, Lillingtons, Banner Pilot, MakeWar, Iron Chic. I will be all Friday night at 8 Seconds without a doubt.

And yes, mystery bands are usually pretty big bands you won't want to miss. They are announced the day before.

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome thanks!

20. HalfHearted

Regular

Get the app for your phone when it is released that way you know ahead of time for the mystery sets. Like whatisthat said, they will be released the night before. Off the top of my head last year, Less Than Jake, A Wilhelm Scream, The Flatliners and Propaghandi were the mystery bands that I seen. Mainly larger bands playing smaller venues and more intimate sets. Due to finances beyond my control this year, I am missing for the first time in 5 years, so I hope you have a great time. Literally my favorite weekend of the year. And Gainesville has some of the best food around.

21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Oh damn that's awesome! I bet AM! could do one

22. Grato

Regular

I'm cursed to never see a full You Blew It! set at Fest. Last year their Boca set ran into the Minor Threat Jeff Rosenstock cover set and their cowboys set ran into something else I forgot. This year their pre-fest is at the same time as Against Me and their normal set is the same time as Hum

23. Grato

Regular

Gotta say the biggest conflict I have though is the Against Me Axl Rose set against the Prince Daddy/Just Friends Weezer collab cover set

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Missing AM! play Axl Rose in Gainesville would be a crime

Tom Lee likes this.
  25. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Yeah, not missing the Axl Rose set. I'm really curious who the mystery bands are. I'm going to guess The Menzingers as one since they will be available and did a small club run in the Midwest.