Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Fest 16 Festival • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by abear182, Mar 11, 2017.

1. abear182

Regular

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  2. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

I'm booked at the Hampton Inn, which like abear182 said is expensive, but you can't beat the location since it's smack in downtown Gainesville and all of the show venues are within a 5 minutes or less walking distance from it. Holiday Inn is also really popular and where the Fest wristband pick up and flea market are but about a 15-20 minute walk to where all the venues are. I stayed there one year and enjoyed it but this year I decided to treat myself and booked the Hampton which I'm really looking forward to. If I can go the entire Fest without using my car I'll be so happy.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  3. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Would be surprised if Menzingers don't get added. They gotta have been invited on some kickass tour if they are missing fest. But its not fest without the Menzingers.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  4. Tom Lee Apr 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 22, 2017)
    Tom Lee

Regular

Aah, I'm so excited! I'm coming over from the UK and my band is playing it + Pre-FEST! It'll be our first time in America. :hearteyes:

Would anyone like to be friends with me and show me around in October? This'll be my first FEST!

5. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

Oh man, the pre-Fest lineup is 100% lit so far this year. For once I'm not gonna be too bummed that I can only do pre-Fest.

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

FB_IMG_1492819559718.jpg

7. dac

Hey guys!
    I'm watching this program from France since yesterday, and i'm seriously thinking about coming at the Fest this year! Is there someone here who knows this festival and who can give me some tips and answer some questions in private? Because as you can see, my english sucks and I'm not sure to understand all the website...Thanks!

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah exactly haha I just find it odd they weren't in the initial lineup, If I remember correctly a lot of the bands I mentioned before weren't announced until the second wave last year either though.

9. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I've been going for 7 years now. feel free to send me a PM with any questions you have.

10. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

apparently jjr's band is playing this
    sigh

11. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Ugh I didn't even know he had another band after We Are the Union kicked him out ages ago

12. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

"keep flying"

13. tonyvalentine

Regular

What time do the first bands usually start on Friday? I know there's check in and the flea market/pool party earlier in the day but what time do the bands really kick off?

14. abear182

Regular

15. tonyvalentine

Regular

16. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Tickets/passes/hotels just went on sale, got my 5 day combo pass!

THE FEST

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Just got a 3 day pass and booked Holiday Inn!

So excited

18. abear182

Regular

The only thing I would really need to buy today is a Pre-Fest hotel but I don't get paid until next Friday so fingers crossed they have something left.

Seems that the demand isn't as strong this year so far. 15 minutes in at the Holiday Inn is still available.

19. Tom Lee

Regular

Aah, does anyone have any tips for booking accommodation for FEST and pre-FEST?

Ideally, somewhere near and cheap as possible. Coming from the UK with my band (two others) and I'm a little clueless since it's my first time over!

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Man I can't believe I'm actually doing this finally

21. tonyvalentine

Regular

Bought our tickets and booked our room at the Wyndham! Gonna be rad.

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Second wave coming Wednesday!

Really hoping for: PUP, Jeff Rosenstock, Chris Farren, The Sidekicks & The Menzingers

23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty stoked. Got none of my musts but definitely some nice additions here!

Most notable for me:

The Movielife
    The Dirty Nil
    Rozwell Kid
    You Blew It!
    Banner Pilot
    Drug Church
    Into It. Over It.
    Katie Ellen
    No Trigger
    Superchunk
    Such Gold
    Pet Symmetry
    Walter Etc.

Still can't believe no Menzingers, Chris Farren or Jeff Rosenstock though...

electro haikus likes this.
  24. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Menzingers and Jeff are both enjoying the biggest year of their careers, so I understand if uprooting other plans to keep a Fest slot open will become progressively more difficult until their current album cycles cool down. Still a great lineup, just not worth the costs it would set me back.

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I feel that it definitely makes sense, I'm just bummed because they've played like every single year for however long and the year I finally get go they stop haha