Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Female Artists Thread • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Inna Selez

Regular

First couple seconds I thought this girls from ladybaby! Sorry, my bad.

2. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Meg Myers just released the music video for her newest single today :thumbup:

3. Tomozaurus

Regular

One of my least favourite songs from the album but I'll check it out.

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm keeping my eye out for Phoebe Ryan's debut this summer. I don't like "Chronic" as much as "Mine" but I'm still amped

OwainGlyndwr likes this.
  5. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I've got a couple!

iamthemorning's most recent album is great. It's a female-fronted duo of two classically trained musicians. I'd definitely recommend the whole album -- it's really beautiful, but here's a song off of it:

Also, I recently saw Wilsen open for Daughter (I don't remember if anyone's actually said them in this thread, but obv them too if not) and she put on an incredible show.

OwainGlyndwr likes this.
  6. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

7. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

I hope it's not just me, but it's starting to take a really long time to load the thread with all the embeds. :worried:

8. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

Yeah we ran into this problem on AP too, it's because of the YouTube links I think

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This same conversation happens over and over again I think, it's a loop of the same thing. Some people have the pages load slower, where others simply are not going to click the link to check out an artist. Embeds exist for convenience sake, and a thread where the point is to sample different artists, benefits from embeds. I get both sides and I don't think there is an easy answer

10. bd007h

I dig the song but yeah it's not one of the best on the album. He music videos always tend to be pretty awesome though lol.

11. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah I love these threads but it takes so long to load

12. bd007h

I haven't really had any problem with loading times lol

13. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Thought I was alone on disliking it haha

Tomozaurus likes this.
  14. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

YUUUUUUP

15. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Simple, the more media (images/video) there is on a page, the longer it takes for the page to load, on average. So it's better to highlight links instead of embed.

When it comes to people being interested - I don't think it matters whether it's embedded or not. If people are interested, they'll click. I understand convenience, but convenience also comes in when it comes to actually being able to load the page in the first place. I haven't been able to check out most of what's on here because of that.

16. bd007h

17. Tomozaurus

Regular

I don't think it is a bad song, but I find it bland to the point that often when I listen to the album I will just start on Sorry.

Anyway, just discovered a local artist called Ali Barter. I'm enjoying her stuff quite a lot.

18. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

Jacob likes this.
  19. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Heyyy, I know the girl on left (Harmony)! Met her at a friend's party -- they're all good friends. Super nice.

20. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

that's chill af, ive gone to tiny shows where they played and they've always seemed real nice. band is the bomb too

Jacob likes this.
  21. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Seconded. And I actually totally forgot they had a new album out, so thank you for inadvertently reminding me.

22. bd007h

23. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Enjoying the new Foxes, School of Seven Bells, and Charlift albums. Hopefully Florrie releases her debut full-length before the end of this year. Not sure what Wynter Gordon is up to, but the EP she released last year needs more listeners. I can't find the new Niki & the Dove record on Spotify but I definitely want to listen to that as well - I really enjoyed Instinct (2012).

24. Tomozaurus

Regular