Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Female Artists Thread • Page 45

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. gurpgork

Regular

I hope this is ok to post here, this artist I believe identifies as 2S but I couldn’t find the appropriate thread to post their song in and my account is too new to start a new thread

Phenomenal unique voice and I think the song fits with the vibe of this website so I wanted to help get them some recognition for this fantastic tune

Angel Baribeau - Wish We Were Older

Contender likes this.
  2. gurpgork

Regular

This is another artist who I know next to nothing about aside from having a gorgeous voice and song

Musically it’s a John Mayer vibe and her vocal runs particularly toward the end of the song are just perfection

LOONY - First Thing Smokin’

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Beautiful stuff

4. Been looking into a few different artists lately
    Maya Hawke
    Fletcher
    Girl in Red
    zzzahara
    Beabadoobee
    Luna Li
    Rina Sawayama
    Janelle Monae
    Halsey
    Caroline Polachek
    I guess I'm leaning a bit more into pop than previously. Honestly I blame a few of these on sapphic tiktok
    Speaking of tiktok, there's this really annoying meme sound of supposedly Miss Piggy singing fka twigs Cellophane, they turned such a beautiful song into a stupid trend and I hate it

5. jonasjaevel

Regular

6. I used to look down upon any artists that got their start on Disney Channel but I'm obsessed with Miley's song Flowers, and Ariana's song Positions was pretty good for the couple months it was popular on Tiktok, mayyyybe I was a bit dismissive

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Ari has entire albums worth listening to

ComedownMachine likes this.
  8. I'm saying I'll get to them Steve, roll eyes emoji

9. irthesteve

NOW!!!!!!

10. irthesteve

I suggest starting with Dangerous Woman

bradsonemanband likes this.

11. I haven't listened to this yet but the vinyl looks really nice. Preorder is out of my price range, though; I'm waiting for it to hit record stores.

Who'd've known the girl who got ridiculed on social media for "Friday" would ten years later be a gay icon on tiktok

12. SuddenUrgeJoey

queer as fuck. Supporter

irthesteve likes this.
  13. What are some record store day releases to look out for? The only one I'm really interested in is Maya Hawke's (and Taylor's I guess, but let's be real, that'll be gone by the time I get there)

14. Just wanna give an update to say I really love Miley's and Demi's latest albums, I've yet to listen to any Ariana but I've purchased a couple! (also bought/listened to one of Selena Gomez's a while back but I'd have to revisit it)

15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Great album

16. Walmart vinyl sale. thoughts on Anna Burch - If You're Dreaming and Laura Veirs - My Echo?

17. irthesteve

18. Sorta surprised she doesn’t have a full length out already, but I guess that’s just the industry anymore. I’ll give it a listen!

19. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Blissful new song from female duo SISTRA

bradsonemanband likes this.