Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Female Artists Thread • Page 35

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Just realized I saw Petal, Jay Som, St. Vincent, Julien Baker, and Tegan and Sara all within a twelve month period.

Not sure if using pic of Chang saying "Ha, gay!" here would be homophobic

OwainGlyndwr likes this.
  2. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

3. Malatesta

4. Dog with a Blog

This is dope

5. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Members of Fresh and Happy Accidents

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Posting in here too, new Sigrid song is fuckin soliddddd. I might need to make a thread for her soon

MysteryKnight and ugman_2000 like this.
  7. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve loved pretty much all her songs that have come out in the last year or so. Her Don’t Kill My Vibe EP was so great, especially love Plot Twist.

Really hoping for a full length from her soon though.

irthesteve likes this.
  8. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

9. irthesteve

She's really something special! I Don't Want To Know and Schedules were high points on her last EP too, she's got a real knack for clever pop

ugman_2000 likes this.
  10. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Meg Myers' new music video for Jealous Sea is out now

11. irthesteve

12. Malatesta

13. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

whitenblue88 likes this.
  14. irthesteve

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  15. xkaylinh Oct 17, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 18, 2018)
    Phoebe Bridgers joined Soccer Mommy on stage for their encore last night, and like, I wasn't even aware they knew each other? Anyway, it got me wondering... I'm seeing Phoebe with Julian Baker and Lucy Dacus in a couple months; obviously they know each other. I missed the Mitski / Japanese Breakfast / Jay Som tour; point is, they all know each other. Jay Som and Soccer Mommy both opened for Paramore; they might not have met each other, but they sure have met Hayley. I looked through Long Beard's Insta and apparently Leslie has met (/toured with?) Sophie, Michelle, and Tegan and Sara. Iirc, Paramore and Tegan and Sara did a tour together a long time ago. I saw Petal and Camp Cope together, but fwik there's no link between them and everyone else. (I can't remember if there's a more direct link between Eisley and Paramore other than that Hayley did vocals for Sherri's husband's band that one time) As for the other artists I've been really into lately, St. Vincent, Thao Nguyen, and Daughter seem to be outliers in all of this. But yeah. It's great seeing female artists touring/collaborating with each other and raising each other up.

edit: yep, in 2010
    Paramore, Tegan & Sara to Tour Together!
    oh, and didn't Hayley do a cover for The Con 10?

edit2:
    Wait, the Hayley/Sherri drama was that they were both married to Chad at some point? That's not drama; fans are dumb. So no, they don't seem to know each other, like, not in any meaningful way.

edit3: this is hilarious

edit4: Half Waif has toured with Julien and Kylie, and Mitski. Snail Mail has toured with Leslie. Both have toured with Michelle. I guess I need to check them out. Songkick is a surprisingly good resource for discovering bands haha

edit5: oh dang Sasami has pics of her with Melina, Michelle, and Mitski. Full circle.

edit6: omg just discovered Hana Vu and wow. Thanks Audiotree Live!

edit7: did some more browsing on Songkick, adding Alvvays, Girlpool, Palehound, and Waxahatchee to my list of things I need to check out.

16. irthesteve

reminder that the King Princess EP is really solid

lostawholeyear likes this.
  17. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Can't remember if I've ever posted this band here but I love them so don't care

18. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Voice sounds like a typical sugar pop/fragile pop star(don't know how else to describe it, haha), but the song itself still sounds nice, especially in this acoustic version

19. irthesteve

20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

21. irthesteve

k good! I'll watch it, just for youuu

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Sounds good to me, sounds good to me

irthesteve likes this.
  23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Obsessed - female harmonies at their best

stars143 and OwainGlyndwr like this.
  25. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Ooh nice this looks like a fun covers EP. missed that this was coming out. Thx

Ferrari333SP likes this.