Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Female Artists Thread • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Collins

Trusted

Love fear of men. The related artists section on Spotify has helped me discover a ton of a bands/artists that work for this thread. Chasity Belt, Many Rooms, Adult Mom, girlpool, Diet Cig, Palehound, Honeyblood, and alvvays are some of my favorites.

2. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Have you listened to the new Fear of Men album yet?

3. I'm so excited to check out all of these! I'd recommend Ariana Grande's new album. It's amazing and her voice blows me away.

4. Collins

Trusted

Not yet. How is it?

5. Randall Mentzos May 30, 2016
    (Last edited: May 30, 2016)
    Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Seriously tho. Kaki King has a strong bid as one of the greatest guitarists of the current musical generation. One of my personal favorite songwriters as well.

This is just what she writes on a Tuesday morning at 3 AM and goes and plays for a crowd in Italy that only half understands what she's saying. Just invents a new way to use a guitar and writes this amazing Asian influenced song, and in months it's on her album that uses a different guitar for every track.

Here's her at the same performance taking Elliott Smith's "Angeles" to a whole new level with tons of guitar flourishes worked into the already difficult main melody.

And those songs are like a 4, maybe a 5 on the scale of how difficult some of her music is. She blows me away as both a guitarist and songwriter. Seeing her is like a guitar exhibition, she pulls out all these crazy custom made guitars that all sound totally different and just plays the shit out of all of them. Whenever some new effect or mod to an acoustic guitar gets produced, she's often one of the first to be given a prototype to test it out and sometimes you'll see these prototypes for the first time at her shows, long before they're released in music stores.

She can do amazing folk songs, she's great with indie rock jams with a lot of layers, she can play classical, she can play percussively (and pretty much no one can touch her ability to play guitar in that style), she can shred to punk and metal, and she's even her own drummer on most of her albums and damn good at that too. I've seen her 5 times and it's usually the best show I went to that year.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  6. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I've only listened once, but my first impression is that it's really really good. Definitely on par with Loom.

7. jorbjorb

7 rings

j
    just listened to fickle friends. so good. thanks for the rec

smowashere likes this.
  8. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

9. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

New song off of Garbage's upcoming album:

10. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Seconded.

Everybody listen to Kaki, you're a homophobe if you don't.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jun 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 3, 2016)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

lightning13 likes this.
  12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I know it's WAY late, but my gf has gotten super into Tori Amos lately. Other similar artists "worth checking out"?

13. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

15. carina

yr royal highness

listen to the seratones or you're a racist

16. Michael

Regular Bitch

Kristin Welchez of the Dum Dum Girls recently put out her solo debut album and it's really good.

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Kiana likes this.
  18. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

The Casket Girls released their new record on Friday

19. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

bd007h and KidLightning like this.
  21. StevenW92

Regular

Let's Eat Grandma

Very unusual pop music but it's the best. Never thought I'd enjoy someone rapping about having bubble gum stuck to their trainers. Everyone should check this out.

AelNire likes this.
  22. Michael

Regular Bitch

Really dig this album.

23. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

OwainGlyndwr likes this.
  24. Liz

Ew, David

I just recently started listening to The Kills and they're so great. This song has been on repeat for a week straight

AelNire and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  25. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

That might be one of the most badass videos I've ever seen tbh