Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Female Artists Thread • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Noradrenaline

Regular

You should check these out! They opened for Refused a few weeks back. Also, I'm interested in other female punk rock, hardcore and post-hardcore bands. Any recommendations?

2. Jason Tate Apr 23, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 23, 2016)
    TheFeels and crunchprank like this.
  3. Noradrenaline

Regular

Thanks! That's what I'm looking for! And apparently they're playing Groezrock next week. Will definitely check out their set!

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Absolutely love this band. Any group that I get an Emily Whitehurst vibe from I instantly love.

I've only recently come across The Bombpops so I know little about them. I just know I've listened to everything they have on Spotify to death. Music is solid punk rock and the dual vocals are a nice touch.

5. crunchprank likes this.
  6. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

Someone mentioned Laura Mvula earlier in this thread and I'm enjoying her stuff so far.

7. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

got the chance to see Rose Cousins (with Penny and Sparrow) yesterday and she was pretty great and deserves some love, check her out

i'd also be remiss if i didn't mention how fantastic her cheekbones are, just as an aside

8. Nights are an awesome Cleveland shoegazey type band that got signed to Tragic Hero in the last year or so

bd007h likes this.
  9. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Speaking of shoegazey, that reminds me of these dudes:

bd007h likes this.
  10. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

shoegaze :heart:

11. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

My personal faves: Stars, Fickle Friends, Bora York, Carly Bae Jepsen

12. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

@White Love Mint Julep's cover of "The Promise"

13. Iago

forbidden chalice.

An Indie Pop band called Meadowlark just released a new EP. This is the lead single off of it. The singer is Kate McGill, who was a YouTube famous cover singer a couple years back.

OwainGlyndwr likes this.
  14. jonasjaevel

Regular

Try this mate:

15. jonasjaevel

Regular

16. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Oathbreaker is gonna put out one of the best hardcore records of the year

17. Noradrenaline

Regular

Wow! Interesting sound! Will check out more from them.

Lots of swedes! Nice! I was really surprised by how much I liked Nicole Sabouné's latest album. It fits perfectly during long nightly walks.

I've listened a lot to their past two albums. The Abyss Looks Into Me is such an amazing song. No date is set for the upcoming album yet, right?

18. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

they just finished it

19. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

I've been really into this pop-rock band called June Divided recently:

Love love love Marina! All three releases are amazing imo.

20. We've been featuring this band over the past few weeks and I'm really into this song.

21. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

kayleighgoldsworthy

She was on season 10 of American Idol but I read somewhere that she has formed a band called Six Eyes and they're recording right now so that should be something to look out for if you like her soundcloud.

I love her voice.

22. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Just started working with this band Church Girls from Philly. Really dig their EP from a couple months back, hope to throw some ads up on the site for them in June. In the meantime, check em out!

23. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Here's her performance from Conan last night

Love how she's dressed like Wednesday Addams hahaha (minus the pigtails)

24. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

Bad Bad Hats is a band I was shown almost three years ago and it breaks my heart they haven't gotten more attention. They put out one of my favorite albums of last year and it was a great progression from their 2013 EP. They just did a short stint opening for Third Eye Blind.

Both their EP and LP are free here

ChaseTx and OwainGlyndwr like this.