Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Female Artists Thread • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Foxes, Grimes, Florrie, Purity Ring

2. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I loved Foxes in the FOB song she was in. Definitely looking into her. And I've been meaning to get into Grimes for awhile. I'll check out the other two also. Thanks :)

3. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Meg Myers, Wolf Alice, Garbage, Rilo Kiley, Ms Mr, CHVRCHES, Metric, Shiny Toy Guns, (more-so their stuff with Carah Faye Charnow on vocals). I can probably think of some more with more time lol.

4. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Meg Myers is also someone I've been wanting to get into. I really like Lemon eyes. haha Never heard of any of the others though, so that's lots to look into. Thank you!:-)

I've been hearing a lot about them lately, where should I start with them?

5. bd007h

I like her two EPs a bit better than her debut album but it's all good stuff :thumbup:

6. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I'll definitely check it all out on Spotify then. Maybe try getting someone to get me a Sorry CD for my birthday (since CD is still the format I use most). :-p

bd007h likes this.
  7. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Oh. Oops. Haha I'll check those songs out first then, since I have a lot to check out now.

ComedownMachine likes this.
  8. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

The music is largely composed by Jeremy Larson, but he has female vocalists on all his releases. This EP^ here has Olga from Kye Kye singing on it.

9. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

This sounds super cool. Thank you!

10. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Also this:

Sadly they only put out one EP like 5 years ago, a couple singles and covers (including a Tesseract cover) here and there for a bit and then just kinda faded.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  11. bd007h

I have signed copies of the two EPs lol

12. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

That's super cool. I couldn't find CD copies of the eps anywhere. :tear:

13. bd007h

14. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

bd007h likes this.
  15. Tomozaurus

Regular

I thought the quality looked better than you were describing!
    Watched the show last night, it was pretty solid. Overall setlist was good but I was disappointed by the lack of Make a Shadow. Also thought the backing track was way too high in the mix and a bit overpowering at times.

16. bd007h

I would have loved to hear Adelaide as well, and yeah I agree about the backing track.

17. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

Didn't know this was a thread until the recent podcast. Figured I'd post some recent favorites

Billie Marten -
    (This girl is really young, but every song she has up is quality and she released another new one today)

Ruth B -
    (Similar sound to Billie Marten, not a lot of music posted but this single is awesome)

Billy The Kid -
    (has played with artists like Chuck Ragen and Brian Fallon, all the more reason to check her out)

Iamthemorning -
    (most unique thing on this list, definitely check it out)

I will gladly take recs in a similar vein to any of these . I'm already big on Birdy, Civil Wars, that Pink and Dallas Green project. Allison Weiss, etc etc

OwainGlyndwr likes this.
  18. Tomozaurus

Regular

Billy the Kid is great.

19. TunedUpRyan

I've been digging Zealyn, CAPPA, and Pr0files lately. Anyone familiar?

20. austindavispdx

Still on this side of the grass

Maria Taylor, Azure Ray, Now Now, Tancred, Bears of Manitou, The Sun Days

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  21. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I'd never heard of this band until I saw them support Letlive last night but I thought they were good.

22. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

I'm liking this new Frankie Cosmos album

23. Chocobo

Regular

24. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

25. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Kash Doll, Sasha go hard, Katie got bandz, cupcakke has been getting attention lately but isn't really my thing ATM, DeJ, lil Kim, lauryn hill, azealia banks, remy ma, tink, dreezy