Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Felix Culpa Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Jun 9, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

did not realize until today they announced a show, shit

tristan said they're playing new stuff too

teebs41 likes this.
  2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes!!!

3. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Yeah, saw them tweet something about new music.

Excited to go, got my tickets!

Quercus and teebs41 like this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

if what they told me over a year ago is still the plan we will be getting another record at some point ha.

Quercus and aspeedomodel like this.
  5. Quercus

Regular

For real? Great news!

teebs41 likes this.
  6. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I should for real check them out right

sawhney[rusted]2 and Kennedy like this.
  7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  9. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

absolute kings

Nick and troyplaysbass like this.
  10. weird how this thread gets bumped and suddenly i’m blasting sever your roots in the living room and absolutely loving it

11. phaynes12

weird how you gotta do that

12. thefelixculpa

You know, for kids!

Literally only created this account because someone sent this thread to me and I wanted say you folks fuckin' rule and I/we love you all. :heart:

To answer some of the questions around band status: I wish we knew.

The honest-but-kinda-TL;DR answer is that we planned to write a new album after we got back together for that split EP and those reunion shows because it rekindled something in us, but the 3 OG/remnants of us are spread out (IL, CO, and ?) these days and the past few years have brought a LOT of our own shit that has made aligning as a unit infeasible with really no indication of when it can be a thing again; it is just as frustrating for some of us as I'm sure it is for the people wanting next/more music from us haha.

A little more specific on the music front:
    • I know Joel has been working on an album, but I have no idea what the status is at the moment. Last I knew he was working on some remixing to get stuff mastered, but not sure how far along it is.
    • Unsure if Mark has been working on any music, but he's pretty swamped as a tattoo artist.
    • I've (Tristan) been working on a new thing for the past year that's finally coming together and with any luck we'll have a 5-song EP tracked and released this year.
    • Dustin was doing Cut Teeth stuff and more recently just got mixes back for a new project.

I hope everyone's safe and sane out there in these... times.

Love forever,
    - T | Culpa

13. Leftandleaving

holy shit. thanks for the update!

phaynes12 and thefelixculpa like this.
  14. phaynes12

miss y'alls music so much but that totally makes sense. hope something happens eventually!

15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I've never listened to this band before but I just found out the vocalist of Cut Teeth is in this band and now I'm gonna listen. Are the two LPs good places to start?

16. phaynes12

i believe dustin is only on sever your roots, so if you wanna hear his contributions, that’s probably a good starting point but you can’t go wrong

ItsAndrew likes this.
  17. Yeah, start with Sever Your Roots / Bury the Axe. I should spin it again soon.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  18. Leftandleaving

you should start with sever your roots for sure. album is immense

ItsAndrew likes this.
  19. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Sever Your Roots is one of my favorite records of all time, such an incredible record. but there's so much pain and density in it that I can only listen once in a while

20. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Elder Lightning likes this.