Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Felix Culpa Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Jun 9, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

KennedyBN likes this.
  2. Deathco_019

Drummer

I've only listened to Sever Your Roots, but, goddamn, what an album.

3. cwhit

commitment is a good EP. i actually liked the final EP as well, groovy songs

4. Deathco_019

Drummer

That EP came out a year or two ago didn't it?

5. cwhit

yeah, 2014, p sure. booked them for a show (the no sleep records tour with rescuer and aviator too, wow what a show) that they were touring on that record

6. Deathco_019

Drummer

That's the only thing I'm missing from them. Completely forgot that came out. I'll have to check that out soon.

7. Haruni

Regular

I went to the Richmond date of that tour. My wife and I were literally the only people there other than the band members. They took requests and bought us beer. It was kind of sad but a cool experience

8. cwhit

We had a similar experience. They were originally supposed to play at Metro Gallery, a 250 cap in Baltimore, but the venue ended up booking another show that night and pushed this tour to 2pm. I had talked to Felix about doing an acoustic set at the station, and when I saw that news I talked to them and we decided to do a second "secret" show that night. Turned out nobody showed up to that 2pm show anyways, station show was a blast. I actually have the audio from it as well, hah. Really fun night.

9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I love this band

10. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

oh hey my good personal close buds and idols

11. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Best band, SO under rated. Sever Your Roots is one of the best albums ever

teebs41 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  12. cwhit

i just realized who you were
    aren't you glad i made this thread?
    still remember that listening party we did of sever your roots, that was a great great listen

teebs41 and EngineDown like this.
  13. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

My dear, if there's one bloom here in the roses in our frozen garden then
    All the stars that fell from our hands will fall to earth and we will bloom again

teebs41 and KennedyBN like this.
  14. Kennedy

It's always blown my mind that this band didn't absolutely blow up in this scene

15. adeadgod

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body" (the last track out of four on this vid) has one of the best riffs. Holy. Never see people mention this EP.

16. EngineDown

lets be honest, no one ever mentions any of their stuff, let alone their second-least-hyped release

teebs41 likes this.
  17. Leftandleaving

None of its on the level of SYR but their whole discog is still great. That EP especially, probably my second fav by them

18. EngineDown

Some days I like Commitment more than SYR

19. Leftandleaving

Haven't listened to that one enough

20. Kennedy

It's never clicked like Sever Your Roots did for me

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

@KennedyBN wow I love this band. what an incredible recommendation! thanks bud!

KennedyBN likes this.
  22. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

What ended up happening to them? I've tried googling, but don't really see a clear history. I'm hesitant to listen through their discog and just want more, knowing it'll never happen.

23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

lol I'm not trying to be mean but thats not a good reason not to enjoy really good music. Listen to severe your roots

24. Leftandleaving

They put out a split with foreign tongues in...14 or 15 and I think they're just done now. Would love to be proven wrong tho

25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I can't find the ep do you know what its called?