Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Favourite (Yorgos Lanthimos, 2018) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, May 16, 2018.

1. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

This movie was incredible, for some reason I didn't even realize it was Lanthimos' until after and am very impressed.

jkauf likes this.
  2. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

it didn’t feel like one of his movies?

3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Still think about this all the time, definitely one of my favorites for the year -- up there with Annihilation, Mandy, and Hereditary. I've already seen it twice, but part of me wants to go again.

angrycandy likes this.
  4. tvck

Trusted

Forgot to post here after seeing this a few weeks ago. Really enjoyed it. Want to see his other films now. Was the right amount of weird for me, and the characters were great. Loved that Emma's characters ambitions ultimately put her in a worse spot than she was previously by the end due to her actions. No one was in a good place really by the end.

5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

And goddamn that's why I love that ending even more.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  6. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

i guess in hindsight it does a little, definitely more accessible imo but i think that’s a good thing

angrycandy likes this.
  7. BackyardHero11

Trusted

loved this. my friend and I saw Killing of a Sacred Deer and The Lobster and brought a friend of ours who's seen none of his films and from the beginning dialogue he and I just looked at each other and were like, yes! here we go! haha.

Yorgos fascinates me so much.

jkauf likes this.
  8. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Excited for you to watch his other films. This is probably a good primer because I feel like The Lobster and especially Killing of a Sacred Deer are extra amounts of weird. Lobster isn't as off from The Favourite. love them all though.

jkauf likes this.
  9. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Loved this. Yorgos is the man. Glad he’s picking up some mainstream award buzz.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  10. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

You’ve seen Dogtooth?

11. angrycandy

Dogtooth is still my favorite of his films but I like them all

jkauf likes this.
  12. tvck

Trusted

Yorgos is great.

13. BackyardHero11

Trusted

actually I haven't, so I shouldn't say "all" haha. that's next on my list. I saw Sacred Deer first, was baffled, but thought I liked it? but I couldn't stop thinking about it, realized I loved it. and then heard about The Favourite and once I realized it was the same director I went and watched The Lobster and loved it.

jkauf likes this.
  14. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Definitely check it out, it was my first experience with him and is great -- should probably watch again soon as it's been awhile.

angrycandy and BackyardHero11 like this.
  15. angrycandy

be sure to watch Alps too

BackyardHero11 and yung_ting like this.
  16. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

seeing Dogtooth was a pretty pivotal moment for me

angrycandy likes this.
  17. angrycandy

ranking his films would be very hard for me

18. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

fuck, I STILL need to watch Alps. I’ll do that after 2018 catch up

19. angrycandy

I have a Dogtooth tattoo. that’s how much I love that fucking movie haha. it was one of those films for me that reminds you of just what great art can do. not to be missed

jesseisabigdeal, jkauf and yung_ting like this.
  20. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Yo, post that shit.

coleslawed and angrycandy like this.
  21. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Also, Alps is on Amazon Prime and Dogtooth is on Shudder for those needing to watch.

@@ron likes this.
  22. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

dogtooth shook me
    alps not as much but i loved how they are like companion pieces
    really really really excited for the favourite

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Just saw this and LOVED it. Haven’t had a chance to watch any of his other films but they’ve been on my lists for a while. Definitely need to see this again, especially loved the ending.

Also with this and Hereditary this may be my favorite year ever for mood whiplash end credits songs.

jkauf likes this.
  24. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

watched again, literally perfect film. hilarious, tragic, outstanding direction and design, 3 totally gonzo performances, the fastest duck in the city, etc.

coleslawed, jkauf and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  25. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

This was awesome. Loved some of the use of wide-angle lenses throughout, gave it a very unique feel.

The shot of Stone looking at Weisz from the bed after she turns around was absolutely brilliant. The ending with the cross dissolve between the faces and animals reminded me of the slow dissolve shots in Mandy that I loved earlier this year.

jkauf likes this.