Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! This is our yearly pitch about becoming a supporting member. If 90 people sign up we'll hit our yearly goals. It's basically 7 cents a day and you can get rid of all the shitty ads on the forum.

The Farewell (Lulu Wang - Sundance 2019/A24) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dog with a Blog, May 6, 2019.

1. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I really enjoyed this and also I want Nai Nai to be my grandma too

aoftbsten likes this.
  2. phaynes12

playing in the band Supporter

this was quite good. not as "devastating" as i expected; quite a bit warmer.

3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Well, hot damn this was great. This dealt with grief in a way I've never seen before and it was beautiful, funny, sad and heartwarming. The clash of cultures was my favorite little subplot and added so much nuisance to the whole story.

The speech her uncle gave at the wedding had me tearing up from laughter and sadness. Same with Hao Hao's drunk crying. anything to do with Hao Hao and his fake bride was hilarious really. And that shot of the car pulling away was just killed me. The whole movie I felt like Nai Nai had figured out what was going on and that shot sealed it for me.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  4. Spoiler tag that shit!

But yeah, that's when I started sobbing, just like, full on ugly cry

Mrplum5089 and riotspray like this.
  5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

DrAlanGrant, Mrplum5089 and phaynes12 like this.
  6. phaynes12

spoilers are literally meaningless.

yung_ting likes this.
  7. Fine, whatever, I'm not having this argument again. Sorry, I guess.

riotspray likes this.
  8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I thought the movie hit wide release this past weekend? I figured spoilers are open at this point. Also, what I posted is more of a theory than something that shot actually states.

9. yung_ting

Trusted

Anyone opening the thread at this point should have either seen it or know that many of us have, we’re not putting a ban on discussion until it comes out on DVD lmao

phaynes12 likes this.
  10. riotspray

Trusted

not to rehash the same old argument, but I don't see how using spoiler tags is "putting a ban on discussion"

11. yung_ting

Trusted

I just can’t see why anybody would go into a thread for something that is out and expect people not to be talking openly about it

People will still not have seen this a year from now, should we spoiler tag on their behalf? I get the concept but it’s not unreasonable to think that people that don’t want something spoiled could just gloss over one thread on a message board and go about their day

Not to be insensitive, but I’ve never opened a thread for a show or movie and expected everyone to cater to me by doing all of their conversation in black bars because I haven’t seen it yet. Just pop in once you have! If you want to know more about the work, go read some spoiler free reviews and jump in once you’ve had the chance to see it

12. phaynes12

it’s also one of the least plot-driven movies in recent memory. there’s no “twist.” cmon lol.

13. sigh

riotspray likes this.
  14. Zilla

Trusted

There really isn't any twist. Anything suggesting is purely speculative. It's certainly not anything that crossed my mind when watching it.

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Oh goose Supporter

oh my god Lulu is dating Barry Jenkins!
    [​IMG]

aoftbsten, jkauf, phaynes12 and 3 others like this.
  16. phaynes12

oh my god they admit it

Maybevictor likes this.
  17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This was very good

18. jkauf

Trusted Supporter

After seeing this, the Lang/Jenkins courtship makes perfect sense. Wonder if they watched In The Mood For Love together yet?

19. Loved this so much

Mrplum5089 and aoftbsten like this.
  20. This was sweet and wholesome. Really enjoyed it.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Oh goose Supporter

Mrplum5089 likes this.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! This is our yearly pitch about becoming a supporting member. If 90 people sign up we'll hit our yearly goals. It's basically 7 cents a day and you can get rid of all the shitty ads on the forum.