Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Fantasy Books Thread Book • Page 30

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by The Lucky Moose, Oct 30, 2016.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Yeah I see it

theagentcoma likes this.
  2. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I think it's a personal thing. I find Syl adorable and endearing and same with the cutesiness w/ Adolin and Shallan but I'm a cheeseball. I know people dislike Lift as well who I count as one of my favorite characters so maybe I just have bad taste which is completely fine.

3. GBlades

Trusted

Im finally starting Fires of Vengeance and its all kicking off already.

Vivatoto likes this.
  4. GBlades

Trusted

5. Garrett

just looking for a little hope Moderator

I just picked those up recently.

6. a_cuppa_joe

the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma Supporter

I finished Dune about a week ago. Loved the first section of the novel, but Books II and III (especially III) got a little too buck wild for me. I definitely want to continue the series, but I need a break from the spice.

Still working on getting through Sanderson's Warbreaker. I started it last year as a recommendation from this thread. I'm enjoying the story, but this was my experiment with getting into fantasy and reading on my iPad. I'm loving my fantasy dive, but I don't think the screen is for me. I really want to finish this one as I know how much y'all love the Mistborn trilogy, and I have those sitting on my shelf waiting to be read.

As a break from Dune, I started The Hobbit. I read it a while ago, and I'm much more enjoying it now. It's still slow in some areas, but the way Tolkien tells the story feels as comfy and cozy as a hobbit hole. I'm looking forward to finishing it and starting Lord of the Rings, another series I've never read!

OwainGlyndwr and Garrett like this.
  7. Vivatoto

Science is whatever we want it to be Prestigious

Wow the Poppy War trilogy was spectacular. Absolutely adored it. Way more grim/dark and brutal than I was expecting. Rin is up there with Baru Cormorant and Tavore Paran for best protagonists ever. Going to be tough as fuck to adapt

GBlades likes this.
  8. theagentcoma

yeah good okay

Tavore Paran? Ok I'm interested

Vivatoto likes this.
  9. GBlades

Trusted

I've got that up next! Mainly because of the adaptation news. Heard mixed feelings about the series but i'm willing to give it a shot.

10. Vivatoto

Science is whatever we want it to be Prestigious

Guessing that the only bad thing someone could say is it’s too dark and that’s never a bad thing for me.

GBlades likes this.
  11. GBlades

Trusted

I do like a good dark story!

12. theagentcoma

yeah good okay

Man I think Erikson ruined me. His lack of explaining things/infodump is hindering my ability to enjoy Sanderson's style in some ways. He'll have entire passages devoted to how fabrials work, and while I totally get how some people would be into it, I don't really care THAT much lol