Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Familiar (Mark Z. Danielewski) Book • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Mar 17, 2016.

1. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

:(

Joel likes this.
  2. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Would any of ya'll be interested in a separate chorus reading group of House of Leaves? Just a thought, but my job is mostly downtime and I'd be able to wade through the fb group and post the more valuable insights and that way we could have a contained place for it as I full well know the Facebook one is gonna be out of control.
    I'm participating either way, but just gauging interest.

coleslawed likes this.
  3. matthaber

ohhhh id love to. When does it start? Ive been reading through a MASSIVE manga epic which has taken up all my reading time (about 1 hour to 2 hours a day), im almost done though and would have time to keep up with a book club soon!

coleslawed likes this.
  4. matthaber

(i could just look at the facebook group, but im lazy lol)

5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I would be so down, I've started House of Leaves multiple times and still have yet to actually finish it so this would give me more of a reason to actually read it all the way through!

coleslawed and Joel like this.
  6. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Feb 26th but it goes through til May 31st so I imagine the reading increments couldn't be very demanding! Since I have all day to sit on Facebook, I could paste any MZD interjections and the more interesting posts over to here because let's be honest, who really (besides myself) has the time to wade through all that? I'm not even sure anybody on here would care but seeing his hopeful responses and love for his readers has me feeling pretty invigorated

7. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Welp, thank you. It's happening

Joe4th likes this.
  8. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Last thing I'll add: from his responses, he seems very hopeful that The Familiar will resume due to the uptick in interest in HoL. So I'm gonna be optimistic and consume my time with a deep dive into (in my opinion) one of the greatest/most terrifying books ever written. Hope to see you guys in the incoming thread

Joe4th likes this.
  9. I'd definitely be interested in a Chorus HoL group. There's no way I'll be able to follow the FB group enough to get much out of it, but a smaller thing would be nice.

Joe4th likes this.
  10. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

11. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

matthaber likes this.