Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Fall of Troy Release ‘OK’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Brett W likes this.
  2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Not sure why this album name annoys me but it does. I'll definitely donate and download later when I'm home but I am not expecting much since the two songs release didn't do anything for me.

3. They announced tour dates too!!!

4. Mykal

Not Some Average Bones

Damn, I was really hoping for some more comments by now. I did not care for the 401k single but am eager to see what the rest of the record is like.

5. marchofmarty

there is no happy here Prestigious

wow the vinyl sold out already. didn't think people still cared about this band

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  6. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Yeah, they're still massive in the right circles. My friends and I still listen to Manipulator and Doppelgänger all the damn time. :)

7. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

vinyl sold out ugh

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Just gave this album a spin, pretty meh. It is indeed just OK.

Pretty disappointed right now..

9. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

I've jammed this record 3 times today, I am enjoying it a fair bit. Suck-o-matic reminds me of Manipulator and I love that.

10. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

These guys have always been meh, same with this release.

11. Bryan Diem

Trusted

It's the vocals, for me. Still enjoy it.

Also you were my main dude on the old AP site, glad I found you on the new one, haha.

12. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

will give this a shot tomorrow. none of their albums hold up for me, but they've got some songs I love so much that I'll always give their new stuff a chance.

13. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Gonna listen to this once I finish catching up on a bunch of other post-hardcore albums today haha

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Haha what's good man! I figured I would keep my old name but I am low key regretting it hah.

Yeah the record seems half baked for some reason. Like what does "I'll be your 401kkkkkk!!!!" even mean? Hopefully the record grows on me cause I love Doppleganger and Manipulator so much.

15. Delysid

Regular

This record honestly sounds like a band that is doing whatever they want and I appreciate that. Crowdfunded, self released, no label to please. Sounds like they just went with their gut and improvised a lot.

16. Bryan Diem

Trusted

They've never been a "lyrics" band for me, which is why I can forgive them the questionable lyrics.