Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Expanse (Amazon) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by indecipherable, Mar 31, 2016.

1. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

[​IMG]

If you're looking for a good space opera show, watch this. Great production value, strong representation for POC and women, and the plot is interesting. First season is already over, and season 2 starts in January.

2. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Great adaption of a great series of books.

3. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

like no one is watching this show and im worried it'll be the next Firefly.

4. At least it was already renewed.

5. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

Got renewed for a Season 2 so it's already doing better! lol

Edit: I see I've been beaten to the punch lol.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I saw the first few episodes, but I didn't like the pacing. It was alright, but not my cup of tea. They did a great job of world-building though.

7. How many did you watch? It ramps up a bit with the 4th episode.

8. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I think the first five or six.

9. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Season 1 was a slow builder, but the payoff was worth it. On Season 2 now and - woah - this show is amazing. Episode 5 would have made an amazing Season 1 finale - but I am glad they took the extra episodes to go more in depth.

10. Caught up just in time for the S3 premiere tomo. Loving the show.

11. So who's watching this? Between this and colony, some great sci-fi is on tv

12. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I have all of S3 so far sitting on my DVR, really gotta catch up on this.

13. I've been keeping up with S3. Digging it so far.

14. It's been really good. Probably my favorite thing on tv so far. I've been impressed with how good the show looks throughout it's run and I'm sure it doesn't have the budget an HBO show does.

15. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Hope someone picks it up. Just started the new season and it is awesome so far.

16. Damn that's a bummer. Good shows getting axed all over the place

17. Geez I just got into the show this year. S3 has been great.

18. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Expanse appears to be a casualty of a really bad deal - guess SyFy only had first run rights and with the majority of viewers either catching it on demand or through iTunes / Amazon it doesn’t do much for them to keep it on air.

Apparently they have already let fans know it doesn’t end on a cliffhanger and wraps up kind of neat just in case this is the end. So must have seen the writing on the wall.

19. Bought the first book today. Excited to read the series since the show is getting axed

20. Last week's ep was good. The whole Agatha King vs Hammurabi stand-off section was pretty suspenseful.

21. I had to double check that episode wasn't the season finale. This show is so good.

22. God damn that was a great episode of television. And I don't even think it's the midway point of the season?

23. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Anyone read the books?

24. I picked up the first one but have not started it yet. I'm finishing All the Pieces Matter (book about The Wire) before I dive in. I heard they are very good though.

25. tucah

not champ Prestigious