Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Expanse (Amazon) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by indecipherable, Mar 31, 2016.

1. I'll have to check out that novella. The only one I've read was Strange Dogs

The book and show being different is definitely not a bad thing. Both are incredible and get us to the same place. I would recommend the show to anyone who likes the books and vice versa.

tucah likes this.
  2. tucah

not champ Prestigious

The novellas I've read have been solid - good bits of background info and lore. Gods of Risk is more about Bobbie's nephew than it is her. The real standout from the handful I've read is The Churn, about Amos' life in Baltimore.

Yep, both versions of the series are excellent, they make a lot of smart cuts and changes for an adaptation.

3. Starting S4 today.

spiffa0 likes this.
  4. Welp, I binged the entirety of S4 yesterday. Strong season. I really dug the Ilus setting. Bobbie's story felt the most disconnected and was the least interesting to me, but I like her character so it wasn't so bad.

5. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Finally got around to watching this and enjoying it a lot but I'm currently at the start of season 2 and all the rhetoric getting thrown around by the earth and mars politicians is hitting way too close to home with Trump's Iran bullshit

spiffa0 likes this.
  6. If we ever colonized space it would be exactly like the expanse

7. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Holy shit getting cancelled and moving to Amazon was the best thing that could happen to this show. I just finished season 4 and the glow up in budget is crazy. It looked so damn good.

8. Season 5 is done shooting

Evolution Kid and Whalejaw like this.
  9. Cas anvar is being investigated for sexual misconduct. A lot of allegations out there.

10. goddammit

spiffa0 likes this.
  11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Just started this. Two episodes in. I’m pretty impressed with the sets and visuals so far.

12. It only gets better, both in visuals and in story

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  13. Season 5 has finished post production. Hoping that means we get a trailer soon and the season drops this year.

14. Also, it's been really quiet on the Cas Anvar stuff. Haven't seen any updates recently. Must still be investigating? Hope it's not getting swept under the rug.

16. Hot damn. Looks fantastic.

17. This was my favorite book so im very excited

18. Also, glad to hear this is being released weekly this time. I need to rewatch season 3 and 4 soon.

19. Stoked for this.

20. I started this today for the first time. Three episodes in and I like it so far.

spiffa0 likes this.
  21. Final book comes out next year, but no hard date

22. Wow, this gets really wild by the end of season one.

23. The sixth season will be the last. So it won't go to the end of the book series.

24. First three episodes of season 5 are out now!

Joe likes this.
  25. Bummer not a lot of discussion around this. But first three episodes were good. Things should really start to pick up.

IInterested in the direction the show takes. Next season is the final season potentially, so they have to give us some kind of resolution. But there are three more books, so I wonder where it will end up.