Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Expanse (Amazon) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by indecipherable, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Good question, I'm not sure either. I would almost prefer weekly as I am pretty busy these days.

VincewithoutheE likes this.
  2. I can kind of see what you mean on the characters as individuals but in a group it's always amazing. You get more depth to them as you progress. I think the back half of season 2 through the end of season 3 is one of the best TV show runs I can remember.

3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I usually watch/prefer shows where the characters and their lives are the focus and plot/worldbuilding is secondary, so this is very different. I’m looking forward to that focus coming in for sure.

4. Season 5 production started

Joe likes this.
  5. [​IMG]

spiffa0 likes this.
  6. New trailer. I need this now.

7. Yessssss bring it!

8. Tonight!

9. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Cannot wait, gonna be a hell of a binge this weekend.

10. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Amazon stuff goes up early so it'll be up at 7PM Eastern, so it's actually out tonight

11. OH damn. That is great news.

12. Yeah they release everything at midnight GMT.

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m almost caught up at this point.

tucah and spiffa0 like this.
  14. Woooooo it's up. Will watch one or two tonight.

15. I kinda want to hold of starting 'til I can binge it all. Hopefully soon.

16. Watched the first two. A bit different than the book from what I remember but not in a bad way. Avasarala is the best. Lot of setting up in the first episode. Second episode starts to get into it.

17. Picked this up. It was released today. Beautiful vinyl.

MVIMG_20191213_195910.jpg

18. When this was on Syfy, you would get maybe one or two fucks per episode.

Now that is on Amazon, they definitely love the freedom to throw in a few more fucks. Avasarala saying "fuck" is just the best thing ever.

VincewithoutheE likes this.
  19. drewinseries

Drew

Can't wait to start this. I'm all about Star Wars right now leading up tp TROS, but after that is seen I am excited to binge this.

20. Soooooo goood holy balls. Just have the finale left, but damn it being on Amazon makes it that much better. I still like season 2 the most I think though. Still, this is some of the best TV on today. More people need to freaking watch man

21. I've been busy so still have four episodes left. Will try to finish in the next few days.

22. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I also just have the finale left, it's been an excellent season.

23. Finished the season. A good season, but the pace felt all over the place. Fairly different from the book if I remember correctly, but all the major plot points were the same. Avasarala just crushes it all season. Tough having Bobbie off on her own. I don't remember if she was even in the book.

The next season will be great and I think it's also my favorite of the books. Hope they go all nine seasons.

24. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Bobbie's not, outside of showing up in Avesarala's epilogue, her story was (extremely) loosely adapted from the Gods of Risk novella. The books and show have been pretty different for a while, but because the book authors are so close to the show as well it doesn't usually come off as a worse version of the story, just different, imo.

I really need to finish up the books, I stopped after Cibola Burn even though I continue to buy each one as they come out.

spiffa0 likes this.