Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Expanse (Amazon) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by indecipherable, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Someone filmed the comic Con panel

2. Joe and Whalejaw like this.
  3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Liked the first episode. It’s an interesting mix of the types of sci fi stories I’m really into and the kind that never grab me, so we’ll see which side ends up winning out!

I get a lot of vibes from a bunch of different movies/shows, and strangely enough one of them is that Alice miniseries from like ten years ago. Haven’t thought about that in a long time but a lot of the aesthetics struck me in a similar way, maybe because of the sci fi/noir kind of combo.

Can’t wait to see Jared Harris.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. I don't remember at what point it really gets going (I want to say episode 4) but once it does it doesnt stop until season 3 ends.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  5. This is also the show that best depicts how humans would act if we colonized outside of Earth. Of course Earth and Mars would shit on people living in the asteroid belt and deprive them of necessary resources to live.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

What’s with the mormon stuff? I saw an ad for BOM in the pilot and now some guy is coming up and talking to Miller about it.

7. I'm not sure why they chose Mormons but did you get to the part about their generation ship yet?

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Assuming that’s a big plot and not a throwaway line I might have missed, nope.

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Ok I’m there now. Hope this isn’t a big part of the series.

The death at the end of episode three was a shock, but less than I’m sure it was intended to be since the actor was credited as a guest star, lol.

The scene with Chrisjen on the roof was really beautiful.

10. The ship is a big part, the mormons fall off eventually

11. Crazy foreshadowing for season 5 in episode 4 in the scene with avasarala on the roof.

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I should have paid more attention to the dialogue!

spiffa0 likes this.
  13. I just noticed it tonight and only realized it because I read the books

14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Also I’m shocked that death wasn’t actually a death! Very curious to see if he sticks around now or goes out some other way.

15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

And episode 5 is so incredibly sad. Didn’t expect to get hurt by this show so fast.

spiffa0 likes this.
  16. In episode 6 when Naomi tells Fred she will come to him with a name is more season 5 being planted in season 1.

17. Season 2 is such a good season of tv. Absolutely exhilarating.

And the fucks are so well placed in this show lol

18. expanse-season-4.jpg

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That is a great big bushy beard.

20. Holy. Fuck.

21. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

need to watch season 3 before this drops.

22. Hell yeah can't wait

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Miller’s hair was fine for half a second and now it’s even worse than before. Why are they so cruel to me.

Season two is really good so far, but I’m still not particularly invested in any of the characters. I know that development is supposed to come at some point though.

24. Man I can't wait. Trailer got me so pumped. Are they releasing the season all at once or weekly? I'm assuming all at once, just not totally sure.