Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Expanse (Amazon) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by indecipherable, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Fuck yes

2. Yessssss

3. Fantastic news.

4. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I've read some of the books (the first three) and they're very good, enjoyable reads. The scope has gotten larger with each book so far and I've heard the authors start doing really interesting things with the next few to expand the scope of the world. Not identical to the show but the show generally sticks very closely and is a wonderful adaption. It's done a great job of introducing characters a little earlier and expanding on them before they would have appeared in the books for example - Avaserala in S1 is all show-exclusive material, as is the first couple episode of Bobby stuff in S2.

Also, although I'm not there yet, I believe last week's episode was the end of the second book which is why it felt like a season finale. Renewal news has me hyped though, gonna blast through the last four episodes sitting on my DVR tonight.

5. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Officially official:

Joe likes this.
  6. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

The last two episodes have been amazing. I know a lot of it was the distribution deal but SyFy is going to regret letting this one go.

7. This is my favorite thing on TV right now. Every episode is very good.

8. What a phenomenal season. This show definitely makes my best of the year list.

9. I'm pumped to watch the finale but probably won't have time until Sunday.

Whalejaw and xapplexpiex like this.
  11. Hell yes. It's going to be a good season. Finished that book a while ago and am now on Nemesis Games.

12. So I'm on to persepolis rising and the crew has to be in their 50s or 60s. I wonder if the show will ever get that far and if they do, will they ignore the time jump and just have everything happen closer in time

13. yeknom

CEO/Shelob Supporter

Yeah, i haven't started watching the show yet, but i'm on the same book (audiobooks) in the series. Corey does make mention of some use of anti-aging drugs, but hasn't really elaborated on life expectancy or how effective they are yet.

14. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

So when does this go from good to great? I've enjoyed the first couple episodes, certain moments were great (particularly the end of episode one), but I'm just wondering when this show got its hooks in you guys and didn't let go.

15. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Ok, so...episode three. Episode three is when.

coleslawed, drewinseries and spiffa0 like this.
  16. New casting. He also mentions that they're wrapping up production on S4 this week.

spiffa0 likes this.
  17. Just finished book 7. Excited for book 8 but sad it's the end.

I wonder if they will keep the show going for 8 seasons. I really want to get to the Free Navy stuff.

18. Finished Tiamets Wrath and loved it just like I've loved all the others. Final book coming out later this year apparently.

19. Trailer for season 4

Not until December. Was hoping for the fall.

ZooZooChaCha likes this.
  20. @popdisaster00 can you change the title to say Amazon instead of Syfy. Not a big deal but just in the off chance it would cause more people to look into the show

popdisaster00 likes this.
  21. Can't wait. Gonna need a refresher on S3.

spiffa0 likes this.
  22. Omg yes. I have been on this show since day one (reading the books now, just as good if not better). Trailer looks so good and its better off away from Syfy. I hope now that it's Amazon more people will watch the show finally.

spiffa0 likes this.
  23. The books are incredible and the show does such a good job of portraying the books. I really hope we get all nine seasons.

24. IMG_20190720_185835.jpg

Season 4 poster

25. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

He was awesome as Major Hewitt in Turn. Great choice.