Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The EU Referendum • Page 6

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by StevenW92, Jun 7, 2016.

1. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Along with about 16m+ people over here...

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Good lord

3. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

holy fuck

4. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

"Glad" to see it's not only the U.S. that's politically moronic.

5. George

Trusted Prestigious

All you need to get an Irish passport is an Irish grandparent and seventy quid! I'm 100% getting one of them ha.

6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

welcome to the eurotopia

7. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

Please marry me

Nick likes this.
  8. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I was thining about doing this the other year as I qualify and was thinking it'd be cool to have 2 passports. Think I may actually go through with it now.

9. George

Trusted Prestigious

Go raibh maith agat.

fame and Nick like this.
  10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

i realise now Eutopia would have been a better pun

11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Haha, I liked this one

[​IMG]

12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

T.K. and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  13. DarkHotline

14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

15. DarkHotline

Oh I'm not, the dude can go fuck himself right off with that.

16. T.K.

Prestigious Browser Prestigious

Are there any sources or articles that discuss the effects that this may have on European countries that are not part of the EU (Iceland, Switzerland, etc..) and their currency? I know that this could potentially lead to worldwide economic repercussions but was just wondering what this means for non-EU countries in the immediate future

17. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Well most non-EU countries in Europe are very much integrated into the EU-centered European economy, usually by way of complex treaties, so the effects are largely the same in that regard. The political shame is less heavy though. Switzerland (where I am from) has the additional problem (though it is also an asset in many cases) that it's currency (and it's financial institutions) is very trusted, which always leads to huge increases in value anytime anything happens to one of the other main currencies. That regularly leads to a lot of problems. The Euro crisis, for example, has in many ways put the Swiss tourism industry on life support (some would say it more or leas killed it), because it's so expensive to go on vacation there.

18. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

I think, much like our stance towards the EU, we are arrogant in our perception of beings supposedly more rational electorate than in the us (not all us obviously but the many that vote for people like trump)

Much like what is happening in America, we have seen a campaign win overwhelming support on the back of stirring emotions and misleading people with terribly inaccurate statements.

With dave stepping down today and Corbyn facing a civil war, the electorate will now be face with a choice between the hard right and centre right (should Corbyn go I believe the Labour Party will rally behind a centre right candidate to capitalise on the centre vote knowing the left have largely gone to Green Party)

I fear for the future of my country.

The most worrying thing is how easily it has been to rally a marginalised working class to vote against their self interest in light of very transparent deceit.

The UK needed to reform its own culture and government before it debated this issue.

As for dodgy dave. His legacy will be breaking up two unions and leaving with egg on his face having built his campaign on the promise of a referendum he clearly thought would vote in.

fame and Nick like this.
  19. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

We are the most scummy country in all of history. Thanks go to the USA for distracting people of this fact for a few decades now, we love you!
    The old 'high-horse' that we used to perch ourselves on, where we proclaimed ourselves "smarter than the americans!", has been forever obliterated here. The parallels between the average brexiter and the average Trump supporter confirms it!

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  20. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

WTF map is this? SOme alt-history shit?

21. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Got drunk and wound up. Saw someone say they voted leave because "They want to take back control.".

I pointed out that we had MEPs in Europe all along and they've largely agreed with what's put in front of them.

They said they didn't want a debate, because they have their reasons.

Me, I hate facts as well.

Nick likes this.
  23. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

there are way too many stories about people wanting to change their vote or saying they didn't know what they voted for (and maybe these numbers are inflated because websites want hits) but man... this wasn't a fucking driver's ed test, you don't get a do-over.

24. StevenW92

Regular

Honestly don't want to imagine where the UK will be in a weeks time.

English people gave in to fear and hatred and have well and truly fucked themselves over.

The thought of being lead by Boris Johnson is an absolutely terrifying one.

Nick likes this.
  25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

It seems to count some colonial possessions of the British colonies. But yeah bad map lol