Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The EU Referendum • Page 4

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by StevenW92, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Jesus the pound is cratering. Wow. Never seen this before. It's been decimated.

2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

They'll have to. The UK is fucked. It can't negotiate it's exit terms with the EU even. Leave will come out soon with its tail between its legs and say they messed up.

3. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Pretty much, and there's no chance in Hell for us coming back unless all the countries want us back in the EU.

4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

the leave vote isn't legally binding and i'd say the gov't will be spooked when the eu destroy them on exit terms. it's the last gambit left for the eu to make ye stay.

5. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

This is a shit day to be English.

We've quite probably just smashed our own economy to bits and have made ourselves look like a set of inward facing knuckle draggers to the rest of the world.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Spain have proposed shared sovereignty over Gibraltar already.

Cameron and Farage tearing the UK apart in one motion. Unreal.

7. StevenW92

Regular

51% of Sheffield voted to leave. Slightly surprised as most other major cities voted to stay. Also not surprised as there are many poor areas and it's not hard to see why people would feel the need to vote out against Conservatives and Labour.

The element of racist nutters doesn't help either.

8. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

I feel so fucking ashamed to be British today. Fuck. Didn't even get a vote cus I live in Jersey.

9. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Baby boomers are really determined to burn the world to the ground before they are gone huh

DeviantRogue likes this.
  10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I'm all for a laugh at fucking boomers but the youth turnout was atrocious. Leave was not determined by the old but by the ignorant.

David87 and The Lucky Moose like this.
  11. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

Elitism disguised as progressivism is the best and totally not part of the problem.

Nick likes this.
  12. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

how have we let the right wing get to this point.

14. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

:tear:

15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

boris johnson already backtracking.

DeviantRogue and The Lucky Moose like this.
  16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Dirty Sanchez and fame like this.
  17. StevenW92

Regular

I would ask for the north to be taken with Scotland but we were the ones who voted out.

18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

god northern ireland is fucked. can't survive on their own, we can't afford them. england won't want them and the EU funds are gone.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  19. MrSark

On doit jouer à domicile comme à la maison.

That was to be expected, with a campaign run entirely on scare tatctics with the facts taking a backseat...
    Will be intersting to see how they manage to keep the UK together, if they can. And also what consequences this will have for Ireland and the rest of Europe.

Sinn Fein is already calling for a vote on a united Ireland and I don't think what Ireland needs is more Sinn Fein power...

20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I'm convinced Sinn Fein don't have a single employed economist on their books.

21. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Call me an ethno-centric ignorant American, but what kind of effect (if any) will this have on the U.S.?

22. George

Trusted Prestigious

The trade deal the US had in place with the UK would have been part of the larger trade agreement with the EU. An individual trade deal will have to be agreed solely with the UK within the next few years.

23. StevenW92

Regular

Hopefully the people will see how our economy has tanked this morning and realise it's not worth taking a Trump sized gamble.

24. Broxi

You should all come to Scotland where we have some sense. Indyref 2 will happen now.

25. StevenW92

Regular

Labour MP's now questioning Corbyns leadership.