Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The EU Referendum • Page 3

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by StevenW92, Jun 7, 2016.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Japan has reportedly halted trading.

Guy I know who works in this shit said rumors in Europe and Asia that there's no buyers and the markets can't find a bottom. No liquidity. Shit is going to get real.

2. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I hope northern Ireland and Scotland leave now. What a disappointing decision

3. razorburn Jun 23, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 23, 2016)
    razorburn

Trusted

I have never felt so ashamed to be British.

4. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

As many others have said.

Ashamed of my country right now. We just handed the keys to the kingdom to the hard right.

Farage has already back peddled on morning tv on two things
    1) the net cost is £10bn as opposed to the £350bn he has been quoting
    2) he cannot guarantee that the money will go into the NHS

"When the seagulls follow the trawler it is because they think that sardines will be thrown into the sea"

SamLevi11 likes this.
  5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Oh maaan England is so fucked. The Irish financial markets are going to explode now. Can see a lot of companies moving here.

Ireland won't reunify. The Stockholm syndrome is large with the Unionists. They voted out for some bizarre reason.

6. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Can't say I can see a bright future with this, England done goofed and goofed bad. All the economic news I've been hearing about this is really distressing to hear.

7. StevenW92

Regular

We were told all this would happen beforehand as well. We only have ourselves to blame.

8. DarkHotline

What's truly troubling to me is how regressive the world is turning into. This far right wave is frightening, it honestly worries me seeing the rise of Drumpf and other similar people across the globe. It feels like pieces are set for things to escalate out of control, I'm scared.

Carmensaopaulo and Quin Stack like this.
  9. StevenW92

Regular

David Cameron will step down before the Tory party conference in October.

10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

FTSE down 12%. Irish stock market down 12%.

Britain has lost an astronomical amount of money already.

11. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

Fuck

12. StevenW92

Regular

Don't worry though because we get £350 million back a week. That makes up for the fact that we've already lost, even though we lost that many times over.

13. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

What is going on in the world?

14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

40 years worth of EU contributions have been lost in two hours. That's mind boggling. All for some misplaced sense of nationalism. That a few men can effectively torpedo an economy with such ruthlessness. Scary times.

DarkHotline and fame like this.
  15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

UK is no longer the world's fifth biggest economy.

Carmensaopaulo and DeviantRogue like this.
  16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

My town, Kettering, voted to leave by 69%. Never felt so ashamed walking through my town, or my country.

But hey, at least Lindsey Lohan mentioned us...

17. DarkHotline

Holy hell, that woman is still a thing? Really? Sorry about all that, UK, but at least a washed up child actress cares about you! It's going to be okay, right?

18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

The tube is bleak this morning. Real bleak.

19. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I'm stressing out as all hell over here.

Can't imagine what it feels like to be in the UK or EU right now.

20. DarkHotline

Been following the BBC's live news feed about this, bleak is one way to put this news.

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

We're just lighting up twitter about it.

22. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Mine was 72% :cringe:

23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

24. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Thurrock. The place has been filled with racists for years right enough so I'm not too shocked, but still that's just wow.

25. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

I'm just scared of what's to come now. Like, did the Leave campaign actually think this far ahead? The £350 million that was promoted to go to the NHS is already scrapped, we're going to be in economic turmoil for at least a couple of weeks. I wouldn't be shocked if someone came out from the Leave campaign said "Yeah about the issue on immigration and border controls..." And try to make up some excuse on that