Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The EU Referendum • Page 2

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by StevenW92, Jun 7, 2016.

1. StevenW92

Regular

The vast majority of UK law is made in the UK, so leaving would give us absolute power over our law.

I think the same would apply to the independent state but they'd gain much more power as a result.

2. StevenW92

Regular

The reaction of the financial markets and currencies suggest that remain has won, with the FTSE reaching a two month high.

Not taking anything for granted though.

3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'm seeing reports that leave is leading. I'm hoping this is false.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

11.6/10.9 in favor of leaving

5. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

ITV is saying Leave now has 85% probability of winning. Nigel Farage has already declared victory.

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Extremely disappointing. I have dual citizenship in the UK, but my younger dumb self forgot to register to vote before I moved back to the states. Obviously my one vote doesn't change much, but still.

7. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

8. joe727

BBC and ITV both just officially called it for Leave. It's over.

9. StevenW92

Regular

The pound is at a 3 decade low against the dollar.

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Unreal.

11. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Northern Ireand and Scotland know where it's at.

12. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

this is depressing....

so stressed out right now.

13. StevenW92

Regular

With David Cameron being the poster boy for the remain campaign, an early general election has to happen.

14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Glad I transferred by pounds into dollars a couple years ago.

15. joe727

The SNP probably going to want a 2nd independence referendum, the leader of Sinn Fein is calling for a vote on Irish reunification. Man things are going to be crazy in the UK for awhile.

16. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Irish reunification.....now that will be the day.....

Quin Stack likes this.
  17. StevenW92

Regular

Holy shit at Irish reunification.

The SNP call for independence will come as a shock to no one and I don't see them staying this time.

Worrying times ahead.

18. joe727

19. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

its the 21st century and people still want to put up borders instead of taking them down.

20. clucky

Trusted Supporter

fuck this.

hope the Scots get their Independence after this. Hope the Irish get out too and back in the EU. And hope Iceland beat England 20-0 in the Euros.

Carmensaopaulo and fame like this.
  21. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

this is fascinating to watch and something we may never see again, or may be the start of a significant change in the world. crazy day.

22. StevenW92

Regular

It's over. Leave have a majority.

Worried about what comes next.

23. Mattww

Regular

Man is scum

He also said its a victory for ordinary decent people. So 48% of uk not decent and ordinary! Also fuck the bullet comment, so insensitive

24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I honestly can't believe it actually ended up leave. Given the results, I'll be interested to see what happens next in Scotland and Northern Ireland.

25. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

@iam1bearcat If that state would be California or Texas, plus New York City. It's not as politically complicated as a state leaving the US, because unlike the US, the EU is not a country but a union of sovereign countries, but I think the effects on the world economy are similar.

So yeah, this is fucked.