Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Eternal Cringe Thread • Page 9

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Shrek, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I actually like that better.

dadbolt likes this.
  2. Mr. Serotonin

We could prolly just post the entire A1 thread in this thread, and it would qualify as cringe.

electro haikus and dadbolt like this.
  3. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

especially after this afternoon

christ

electro haikus and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  4. Mr. Serotonin

It was a beautiful disaster.

electro haikus likes this.
  5. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

oooh what's going on in there?

6. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

guys this thread is gr8
    I don't have any cringe moments that come to mind (luckily my brain does a pretty good job at repressing them)
    but one ~embarassing moment~ from middle school comes to mind..
    sorry this is so long I don't know how to make it an appropriate length lol

I was in 6th grade. I was walking home with my friend who's neighborhood was directly behind the school.
    Now I was chubby even in middle school and part of the trek home was climbing over a fence that was right behind the basketball courts, where all the 8th grade boys played. I was also terrified of heights and really didn't want to do this part. But my friend did NOT want to walk all the way around so I sucked it up.

As I was climbing over my friend was like "ok you're good now you can just let go and fall! it's not that far!" so I let go.
    but. the hoodie I was wearing got hooked on the top of the fence! So I'm legit just hanging there stuck on the fence. This was a brand new sweatshirt and I just thought it was going to rip. Plus I was honestly terrified even though I couldn't have been more than like 3 feet off the ground lmao

So in my panic my GENIUS self was like oh let me slip out of my sweatshirt! So that's what I did.
    Only. I forgot I wasn't wearing a shirt underneath.
    And.
    What had ACTUALLY gotten hooked on the fence wasn't my sweatshirt, but was the center of my bra.
    I slid out and I'm feeling relieved that I'm no longer dangling from death and my friend looks at me deadpan and says "Amber. You're naked."
    I was literally just standing there completely topless.
    From there grabbing my clothes/covering up/hightailing it out of there was all a blur.

Penguin, Shrek, dadbolt and 3 others like this.
  7. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I'm really sorry this happened because it sounds traumatic levels of embarrassing for a kid and I hope it ended to yr satisfaction

8. supernovagirl

hahah honestly, none of the guys noticed (at least I don't think so! HA!) and my friend and I literally never mentioned it again.
    Honestly I shoved it so down deep it didn't really bother me, just was always my "most embarrassing moment" and now I just laugh about it so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  9. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I am valid

10. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Well, here's some concertgoing craziness from last night. Just know I may live to regret sharing this.

I made the 80 min drive from Olympia to Seattle to see Four Year Strong. It's at a small club in the middle of town, I've been there a few times, able to find free parking a couple blocks away. I walk over to the venue, pick up my ticket on willcall, then realize I left my earplugs in the car. It's about 30 mins to FYS, so I walk back over to where I parked, really feeling the need to urinate the whole walk there. I'm parked in a fairly well-lit area, not many people but super obvious if I try to pee on the street, and I'm worried about the restroom line between sets back at the venue, since I don't wanna miss the beginning. I remember that I have an empty water bottle in the car, so I climb into the passenger seat and prepare to do my thing. As soon as I start to pee however, it immediately sprays onto the dashboard in front of me. I panic, trying to control my steam and readjust several times, each time spraying more onto the dash, floor mat, and my pants. Only after four or five times do I realize I neglected to take the cap off the bottle. I'm full steam ahead at this point, so I'm still urinating even as I try to undo the cap and right myself, I only get this massive bottle about a quarter full, and I now look like someone who officially pissed their pants.... because I did. I at least had tissues in the car to clean up the excess spray, and put the floor mat in the trunk, but I did not have a change of pants. The best I could do was take off my hoodie and carry it in front of me until I got to the venue, where I could wash my hands thoroughly, and then hide in the dark.

But that's not all! FYS take the stage, crowd goes wild. As soon as they start the drumbeat to "The Takeover," I realize I cannot resist the urge to mosh and get into the pit. Things are going great, jumping, screaming, bumping into dudes - until halfway through the next song, my glasses get smacked clean off my face, right in the pit. This has happened to me before, and I've had luck pulling my phone flashlight out and making it obvious I'm looking for something, but this time it's to no avail, the energy of the room is too much. I get down on the floor to try and look for them and immediately get pulled back up because folks thought I had fallen. No one heard my pleas. And then came the part where the crowd was commanded to jump up and down, and I knew my glasses were toast. I left 10 songs in to see if I could find a pair of reading glasses at the nearest store that might do the trick (they didn't), and all the nearest optometrists were closed. I ended up driving back to Olympia, squinting part of the way.

And yet in spite of that, I still remember having fun! Going back up to see Ninja Sex Party with my brother tonight, hopefully with much fewer shenanigans!

11. Mr. Serotonin

Wowwww, hahah.

12. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

omg thank you so much for sharing that's one of the best ones in the thread, esp because it comes with a happy ending

GEM37 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  13. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

That was so good hahahaha.

14. Damn that's something else lmao

15. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

Okay so here's a cringe story with a crush I had from like... 7th-10th grade and OMG up to that point in my life I had never been more infatuated and sure I was marrying a girl ever.

I was doing that lock eyes and look away/her sitting in front of me and looking back knowing I like her with a smile and me pussing out for years so one day in 10th grade Latin class she sat next to me pre-class on a couch in the classroom and wrapped one of her legs around my left leg without a word to see how Id react and I FROZE UP. I could hear a few buddies across the room talking about "Sarah sitting next to Josh" and I just sat there frozen, unsure what to do so I didn't move... lost my chance. Literally did NOTHING..... I'm not use to getting affection/attention; especially back (other can of worms to open another day), so I completely botched it.

Dude she started dating weeks later is still with her 10+ years later and she's got 3 kids with him haha. One of us was getting married next relationship, just not me lol.

electro haikus likes this.
  16. TedSchmosby

Trusted

She went to her next class and wrapped her legs around another dude and now here we are

Ken likes this.
  17. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

all ended well been with the same girl myself 6 years and engaged and friendly with said girl in past post, just a thing I look back and laugh-cringe at. teenage awkwardness paired with self confidence problems.

18. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

This guy in hs used to listen to the bands on my tshirts and obviously was taking an interest to talk to me because he liked me but I was super oblivious and had super low self esteem so it didn't even cross my mind that he would be flirting or looking for reasons to talk to me so when he'd be like "hey I listened to X band and they were pretty good" I'd be like "... yeah I know" and walk away lmao. I was such an asshole. I have told this story on here before but I think back and go wow I was an idiot like it's one of those things I just think about at like 3am when I can't sleep lol. Sometimes I want to find him and apologize cause he was totally date-able and seemed nice and I was just rude.

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I don't think you were being rude, in your defense I know you've been conditioned to think that not reacting to advances is being rude

also all I can think of is how there's a scene in Bring It On where Torrance thinks The Clash is Cliff's band because he's wearing their shirt, but then again what else would I be thinking of that's amazing

dadbolt, supernovagirl and Kiana like this.
  20. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I think if I would've known he was flirting I would've been interested but I guess we'll never know what would've happened! It's interesting for me to think about since I ended up dating someone soon after and it did not end well haha.

Also that movie awakened so much in me lmao. I loved him and still kinda do when I rewatch. So weird he ended up dating Azealia Banks

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  21. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

This girl I had a major crush on had a Saves The Day patch on her backpack and I downloaded three STD songs after I saw that patch. Then, the next time I saw here I mentioned that STD was a great band (I'd only listened to three songs) and she was like. "Cool. Bye." And just stared at me until I walked away.

Then I legit got really into Saves The Day after that, so jokes on her, I guess.

22. My girlfriend told me once that she pretty much started dating me because I was nice and had Saves The Day lyrics in my myspace profile. And here we are 9 years later, still going strong lol. I must have picked up whatever ball you dropped :crylaugh:

Penguin, chewbacca110, Shrek and 2 others like this.
  23. supernovagirl

sometimes I think I'm in love with you haha

24. johnnyutes

Vaya con Dios Supporter

Waved to a cute coworker that I thought was waving to me as they were walking past in the hall...it was intended for the person behind me.