Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Eternal Cringe Thread • Page 8

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Shrek, Jul 6, 2017.

1. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Update: went to the same grocery store chain today for food and one of the bags broke as I was unloading it into my car, I really can never go back to this chain.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  2. In college, my guidance counselor sent me to interview for an internship at a federal government agency. She had a connection with a manager at the agency who took on one student per year from my program as an intern.

I met up with the manager and he was nice enough, asking me the standard interview questions and introducing me around the office before taking me downstairs to lunch. While we were walking through the cafeteria, he turned to me and said something like "You might want to check your fly." For some reason, I thought he was making a joke or reference that I didn't understand, so in response I just laughed and went about getting my lunch.

After being introduced to more of his coworkers around the cafeteria, I had a group interview with three other managers. It was somewhere in the middle of this interview that I happened to glance down and notice that my zipper was (surprise!) gaping wide open. There was no way to discretely zip up in front of everyone, so I awkwardly positioned myself to hide it (as if they hadn't already noticed) and excused myself to the bathroom at my first opportunity in order to remedy the situation.

I made it through the remainder of the day without incident, but when I got back to my car I noticed that I was once again displaying my boxer shorts. Turns out, the dress pants that I chose to wear to the interview had a broken zipper.

I got the job.

3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

What an asshole, I'm cringin' @ her

Mr. Serotonin and trevorshmevor like this.
  4. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Haha what the fuck

Ken likes this.
  5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

hahahahahah brutal man

Ken and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  6. Oof that one hurts haha. At least you weren't the ass in that situation!

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Maybe it helped? :crylaugh:

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  8. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Oof this is Def her bad dude but I'm sure that felt brutal

9. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Look at it this way: wherever in the world this girl is right now, there's a 50/50 chance that she cringes at being such a douchemonster in that situation!

10. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Fuck, I am sorry this happened, I also laughed ridiculously hard at this for some reason.

Joe4th likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Maybe she was being existential

12. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Was it prom night?

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

let me preface this by saying I was in a very bad headspace because I was dealing with an abusive/gaslighting roommate

I was going to an outdoor concert and there was a chance of rain, this was before I got my smartphone so I figured I would bring my laptop to check in case it got moved inside which was a possibility, my laptop got water damage of course and I had to get a new one
    I got a new laptop and also a waterproof bag so that wouldn't happen again, the waterproof bag was flimsy and the laptop dropped and broke within a few months so I had to go back to using my old laptop with water damage

14. Philll

Trusted

This thread is fun. Just jumping on the awkward conversations with bands after shows from a page or two back:

A couple of years ago I saw Kevin Devine as an opener with the Goddamn Band, and unfortunately I was stuck in front of the speaker, the sound wasn't great at the venue, and so I just didnt enjoy it very much.
    Then last year I managed to see him play solo at his own show and got a chance to speak to him afterwards and for some reason I just made too big a deal out of the fact that the previous time I saw him he was "too loud" and I knew as I was saying it it was such a needless and ungrateful thing to be saying to him but I was in too deep.

I saw him again a month ago and made a point of avoiding the merch table at the end :/

15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

the knowledge that you're doing something cringey while it's in motion is like. the heaviest of social burdens man

16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I recently gave an unreciprocated wave and then complained about it for like 3 paragraphs in the dating thread so I'm crushing it currently not cringey at all ever

17. Shrek

I have no new cringes to add but I request other people to share plz I'm bored rn

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I just ordered an ice coffee and when I didn't get it with my food asked for a diet coke because my brain was like "it's caffeine" and then was like no ice coffee sorry

19. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I have one I posted on finsta a couple of days ago let me copy paste that

electro haikus likes this.
  20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

NVM can't copy paste but uh basically in the first grade I got a "girls" toy from McDonald's for a girl I liked and when I was giving it to her I realized I didn't want her to know I liked her since I had no idea if that would be reciprocated and when she asked if I got it for her I was like "nah my sister didn't want it so I took it from her."

But I don't have a sister I lied a member of my family into existence and then took away their autonomy because I'm a terrible person

21. Shrek

I mean, you dodged potential cooties exposure, you've gotta look after you

EmmanuelSCastle and mattav152 like this.
  22. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Most of my cringiness stems from not being able to uphold a conversation like a regular person. I end up thinking I make people feel like I don't want to talk to them, when in reality my brain is just panicking the whole time like when sponge bob can't remember anything but fine dining and breathing.

23. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Most of mine is because I have a pretty dark sense of humour and am pretty vulgar. I'm usually pretty good at gauging whether or not someone is gonna be able to put up with it though. I'm definitely capable of dialing it back, I just really prefer not to :crylaugh:

mattav152 likes this.
  24. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Same girl asked me if I liked her once and I started laughing and doing jumping jacks. Cooties are dangerous

25. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

My girlfriend has been making fun of me all day because I accidentally called a "feather" a "bird leaf"