Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Eternal Cringe Thread • Page 7

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Shrek, Jul 6, 2017.

1. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Who's to say it couldn't have been both?

bigmike likes this.
  2. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Haha, your buddy is a bigger man than I! That info would not really have stopped me.

(Well, not last year, anyway...)

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Today someone said they liked my haircut and I gave them a thumbs up. It's not the most embarrassing thing I've done by far, but I'm still confused about why I did it. I think I realized it was weird mid-thumb so it was like halfway up before I gave myself a wtf look and put it back down really quickly. Which was probably more awkward than just owning it.

4. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I was at a show for female fronted bands (meaning guys can still be in the band just
    not leads) and I asked a guy I was talking to if he’s playing and he jokingly said “no, but thank you for not assuming my gender” and i Didn’t know what to say back so I just didn’t say anything

5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I've gotta stop talking to bands at shows

"I just wanted to let you know you were really great ok bye"

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I just awkwardly run past people which I'm not sure is better, PFT was signing cds after a show and all I could think was "I can not see you as a human being"

dadbolt, ChaseTx and electro haikus like this.
  7. GEM37

She haunts the roads

There's that time I was congratulating Brian Warren of Weatherbox on how good they were on that tour with Weatherbox, and he was all like...

"Weatherbox?"

"....dur uh, Fireworks, I meant Fireworks!"

trevorshmevor and ChaseTx like this.
  8. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

My cringy thing with a band was I donated $300 or so to Lee Corey Oswald to fund their printing/distro of a bunch of zines on Warped Tour promoting safe gigs for women/sexual abuse awareness/etc. in the wake of the shit show that was three Warped Tours ago.

That's fine but I walked up to their table rather flabbergasted after Pup and was like "HEY, IT'S CAMERON" and they were like "huh" and I went "THE GUY THAT DONATED THE MONEY" and I think I sounded annoyed but really I was just fat and out of breath and I like ran away after and fuck I'm cringing now

Joe4th and trevorshmevor like this.
  9. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I feel like there's just no good way to talk to someone in a band you admire. When I met Barry from Joyce Manor I was like "thanks for the music" which seems super innocuous but just straight up makes me cringe at how lame it sounds

ChaseTx likes this.
  10. Kiana

I have a speech prepared for the day I meet Christina Aguilera but I'll probably just either get too scared to say a word or bawl uncontrollably

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

[​IMG]

12. Shrek

Imagine how much worse it is for the artists themselves? They can probably spot the guy in line that's gonna verbally shit himself from a mile away.

13. I don't really care about meeting/taking to artists anymore, but when I used to I usually kept it to a fist bump/high five and a "good stuff" or "thanks for the jams" type of comment

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Oh man. This thread is dedicated to every relationship I've ever had or any time I've ever gotten drunk.

cubsml34, bigmike, angrycandy and 6 others like this.
  15. Shrek

[​IMG]

Ken, GEM37, angrycandy and 4 others like this.
  16. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

oh we all knew :crylaugh:

Don't feel bad man, I have some terrribleeee ones somewhere where we're all wearing like, golf outfits? So fucking stupid :crylaugh:

trevorshmevor likes this.
  17. Kiana

I'm so bad at facial recognition that when I was a kid I SWORE that it wasn't Hilary Duff playing the popstar in the lizzy McGuire movie. I SWORE AND MADE SUCH A FUSS ABOUT IT. See also: Gwen stefani's Cool video

18. Kiana

Like I was so dumb that if I lived in the Hannah Montana universe and i was bffs with miley I probably never would have guessed it was her because im that stupid.

19. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

It's fucked up that Lizzie is 14 in that movie and they say Paolo is 17 but lbr that boy was NOT 17 that def seems like just a way to get away w it. Idk that bothers me on present day viewings. Anyways carry on

20. One time when I was a kid I was watching Lizzie McGuire at home and had this very sudden, intense realization that I had the biggest crush in the world on Hilary Duff. For some reason this newfound "love" really really excited me and I had to tell someone immediately. So I went to tell my very good friend that lived next door. Maybe he'd help me hatch a plan to somehow meet her and make her fall in love with me.

His sister answered the door and told me he wasn't home, he was at the mall with their mom. So I literally got on my god damn bike and rode like 5 miles to the fucking mall, because this was important as shit apparently. Bear in mind, I was probably like 10-11 so this was before cell phones were really a "thing" for kids to have, and oh, I didn't tell a damn soul that I was going. So I got to the mall and, obviously, couldn't find him cause I had no plan other than just randomly running around the mall and through his favorite stores. I later found out he had already left.

Anyway I couldn't ride my bike back home and it was this whole big dumb ordeal where my mom had to come get me and cram my bike into her car somehow and I got yelled at a fucking lot because she was worried sick about where I was. I told her I did it because I wanted to get some exercise lmao

21. Also I'd forgotten about that until now, ty for shedding light on this repressed memory @Kiana :crylaugh:

bigmike and electro haikus like this.
  22. TedSchmosby

Trusted

This obviously isn't the cringiest story in the thread so far, but damn it if it isn't the funniest

23. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Yesterday a friend and I went to pick up a 6 pack of beer at the grocery store. While checking out, apparently the cashier asked me if i wanted a bag (surcharge in Chicago) and apparently I said yes without realizing it, as I was talking to my friend simultaneously. As I'm walking away with my beer I hear a voice call out from behind me saying "Sir, Sir!". Meanwhile I'm thinking "that can't possibly be referring to me", but i turned around anyways only to figure out I was who the cashier was calling. All the other cashiers and customers in line are staring at me now as well. The cashier walks toward me and says "you forgot your bag" in front of a dead silent crowd. My friend also heard someone plainly observe "well he paid for his bag so he deserves to have it" following this exchange.

I'm suuuppper embarassed, like here's this jabrone who needs an entire brown paper grocery bag for a 6 pack of beer. As I'm walking away, still within eye shot of everyone, I go to put the beer in the bag and one of the handles immediately breaks. Had a good 5 minute-long laugh about it afterwards but now I can never go back to that store

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

it's kinda sweet how everyone just wanted you to have your bag

I can relate to saying things without realizing it though

dadbolt and cubsml34 like this.
  25. Lmao the whole time I'm reading this I'm like "ah this is awkward but not too bad" and then the handle broke and I was like "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"

dadbolt and cubsml34 like this.