Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Eternal Cringe Thread • Page 16

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Shrek, Jul 6, 2017.

1. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

So this is where I should have posted my gig fuck up story!

2. jorbjorb

7 rings

I'm horrible at small talk because 100% of the time I don't want to do it.

3. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

who wants small talk anyway? big talk or go home

Mr. Serotonin and jorbjorb like this.
  4. zigbigwig Feb 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 13, 2018)
    zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

How on earth did I miss this thread?! I'm backreading from the start so it might take a while. Lots of my cringe are probably repressed but I hope I can at least remember some.

I'm not sure if this is cringeworthy but I was the creator of fuckyeahgoradio on Tumblr.

5. zigbigwig

I've only seen Relient K once. They were touring Asia doing short sets in malls.

After the show, my friends and I were one of the lucky few chosen for a picture with the band, and I remember being so starstruck and excited that I just kept talking and talking on how their albums were a huge inspiration for me and the last thing I remember was security pulling me away from the band as I was speaking, full Doppler effect and all - "Please check, I am going to tweet youuuuu guuuuys lateeeer" - as I faded to the shadow realm

And through all that Matt was all just smiling and nodding like a champ, the poor guy was just never equipped to handle anything like that in his life

6. zigbigwig

I was also the creator of the biggest The Ataris fan group on Friendster. Not my cringe, but there was one person there who said that Sevenge Avengefold was his favorite band.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  7. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

So I went to the movies the other day and, although I was pretty smacked, came off like the biggest moron. I had a free pass and handed it to the cashier and told her the movie I wanted to see. I don't remember the tone or how she said it, just that she said four fifty-five something. I thought she meant I still owed her $4.55 for a service fee or didn't realize I had handed her a free pass. So I said "Oh, is it always this cheap at this time?" And she's like, "No, uh, you have these passes." She was asking me if I meant the 4:55 showtime.

8. trevorshmevor Feb 22, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 22, 2018)
    Can't vouch for the quality of the entire show, but I'm watching the first episode of The Mortified Guide on Netflix right now and it's pretty funny. It’s basically a compilation of people telling embarrassing stories from their lives, probably worth giving a shot if you like this thread!

zigbigwig, bigmike and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

That sounds...awesome.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  10. Omfg

I had to use some carryover PTO this week, needed to use 4 days so I took off Monday-Thursday. Didn’t take Friday because I was scheduled for jury duty anyway. Well turns out the case I had jury duty for got dismissed so I was like, fuck, I don’t want to go to work for just one day, that’s dumb. So I text my boss (who I’ve only been working under for a couple of months now and still don’t know very well) to see if our team has any more allotment for PTO tomorrow. She texts back and says no. Defeated, I put my phone down and watch TV for a few minutes before picking my phone back up to text my girlfriend “Booooo...... I have to go to work tomorrow :verysad: :verysad: :verysad:”. Only I accidentally texted it to my fucking boss.

Brb I’m gonna go bury myself alive real quick

dadbolt, Shrek, supernovagirl and 9 others like this.
  11. Mr. Serotonin

ohhhh nooooo :crylaugh:

Shrek likes this.
  12. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

lmao

Shrek likes this.
  13. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Plot twist. Your boss and gf are the same person.

14. zigbigwig

Similar story. I was having dinner with a friend of mine and she picked an expensive restaurant.

I texted my SO (not with me at that time) sarcastically how convenient it was that my friend had to pick an expensive place to eat today the same time I was saving money. I sent it to my friend instead.

To be fair I did deserve that haha. We laughed it off, but I was super embarrassed the entire time.

15. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

It wasn't anything I did, but every week there's a comedy night and I went last night and omg. The opener was so bad and I was so embarrassed for him I couldn't handle it. I couldn't even look up. When he'd tell a joke and nobody would laugh it was just so bad. I guess kudos to his bravery cause he could do it on a stage in front of a lot of people, cause I wanted to disappear and they weren't even my jokes. Luckily the headliner was really good or maybe just in comparison lol. But like I barely even drink and I wanted all the alcohol during that opener set just to relieve myself of the pain smh

16. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Went to the movies the other day at a different theater and used three free passes for my brother and a couple of friends. No joke, there was a service charge for $4.55 because of their “luxury seats” — had to laugh.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  17. Kiana

Guy at front desk of the gym said "have a good workout" and i said "you too"

18. I do this every time

Larry David and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  19. Mr. Serotonin

Larry David likes this.
  20. I seriously always forget, it’s so dumb lol. And I go multiple times a week too. What’s worse is sometimes I’ll catch myself and wind up just saying “you” and then walking away

21. Mr. Serotonin

Haha, ohhhh YOU!

22. Kiana

I think I just assumed he was gonna say have a good day, cause when I'm at the movies and they say "enjoy the movie" I don't say "you too." Luckily I mumble when I'm awkward and shy so it probably sounded like I said "mshdhehs"

Larry David and trevorshmevor like this.
  23. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I recently did this at the airport when the gate agent said "have a good flight". It was early.

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I do

Larry David likes this.
  25. Kiana

I almost do but stop myself last minute! And I'm pretty sure every time I go like literally every time I make a stale joke to the person about how I almost said it but didn't. Luckily I don't go to the movies often ha