Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The End Of The F***ing World (Netflix, 2018) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SteveLikesMusic, Jan 5, 2018.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

No. It won't. Because the first season adapted the entire book and should end there.

The only way for it to work is anthology style, with a new cast and story. It's crazy that it was almost unanimously agreed by people who loved the show that it'd be dumb to try and keep going.

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Not excited about this. I'll go in with low expectations, I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed

3. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Had no idea they're actually going through with a sequel. That's dumb.

5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Sounds silly but I liked the first enough to give it a chance.

6. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Expecting this to ruin the impact the first season had

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Yeah, not a fan of this idea. First season ended perfectly.

8. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Same as everyone above.

But I also have faith the creators will do it justice.

9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Not sure what to expect, but Season 2 is out tomorrow.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. Ya I'm not sure what we're in for either. Here's a trailer, though.

11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'll wait to hear opinions from others. I'll probably get around to it at some point but I just feel like a sequel is unnecessary

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'll watch it eventually but I have so much TV i'm trying to get caught up on, I'm not going to rush into this

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

This is alright so far. Bonnie is an interesting addition

14. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

First two episodes were... fine. It's a short watch so I'll probably barrel through it within a week or so, but I'm not really sure where they're headed with it.

15. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I just really like the two leads, so I think I'm going to enjoy it.

SpyKi likes this.
  16. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I don't remember what happened at the end of the first season

17. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't remember either, but there's a brief recap at the beginning of episode one that tells you enough.

imthesheriff likes this.
  18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Both rewatched the first season and watched the new one today

It didn't really need to exist but I certainly enjoyed it a lot. It does feel more like an epilogue than a real continuation though, really not much happens for the majority of the season (I was shocked when I saw I only had three episodes left, I felt like it had just started). It ends really well and I'm glad that we have a happy ending now, even though the dark ending of the first season was perfect. I REALLY don't want them to do another one but at the same time I would love to see another season with James and Alyssa actually being together, though the ambiguity is more than enough for me
    Basically, this is a solid 7/10 if the first season is a 9. I'm not mad they made it and it doesn't ruin the first season or anything but it's not exactly essential viewing

trevorshmevor likes this.
  19. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I just finished the new season. Like many others I wasn't totally on board with a 2nd season cause I wasn't sure how exactly they would go about it, but I love what they did with the story.

Bonnie was a great character and I really liked the storyline they made with her trying to kill them for killing her "boyfriend" and all that. The first episode giving all the background to that was great.

I sure jumped out of my seat when Bonnie shot both of them at the diner. They fooled me

Definitely don't need a season 3, this was a great closure from the questions from the ending of season 1.

20. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I’m one episode in and really intrigued by the direction this seems to be going. I didn’t expect to be so hooked but I am!

xapplexpiex likes this.
  21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Finished season 2 today

it was fine. It’s kind of remarkable how little actually happened. It all felt kind of pointless. And it was a bummer that James and Alyssa were so distant towards each other the whole time after watching them fall in love in the first season. I honestly didn’t care for Bonnie at all. It was an interesting idea but to make her a quiet girl with almost no personality wasn’t the right choice. [/quote]

the creator said there won’t be a season 3 and that’s probably for the best.

22. RyanRyan

Finished season 2 and it had the opposite effect. The fact not a lot happened made far more sense and felt more real. It depressed the shit out of me and I saw some scary parallels to relationships I’ve been in. There were some really frustrating uncomfortable scenes that gripped me wholly. Connected with season 2 far more than 1. Excellent stuff.

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Just watched these 2 seasons over the last week or two, and wow I really loved it. I honestly had no idea that the 2 seasons were all there was going to be cus I really knew nothing about the show, but it was very clear to me in the last episode that it was actually the last.

So as someone completely blind to the source material and already knowing when I went in that there was a second season, I'm really happy they went ahead with the 2nd. I think it really drove home a lot of the themes, as well as what James and Alyssa meant to each other, and the parts of it that were unfair expectations.

The scene in the house with James thinking Alyssa was going to kill herself was heartbreaking. At first I thought he was just scared in general cus that'd be scary for anyone, but then like during their hug it hit me that he was scared it was his mom all over again and I was ruined from there.

RyanRyan likes this.