Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The End Of The F***ing World (Netflix, 2018) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SteveLikesMusic, Jan 5, 2018.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Just started this and it seems genuinely great.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This was A weird book.

3. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I was going to make this thread earlier. Haven't started yet, but I think it looks good.

Also, the title is wrong. It should be f***ing.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  4. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Caught a little of this out of order but I enjoyed it. Gonna start it soon

5. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I was surprised at how short this was. Solid show.

6. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

It’s so weird.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The book is a really fast read. Not really dialog driven. You can get through the whole book in less than an hour.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  8. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I really liked this. God, that part with the dog was a bit too much for me though.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  9. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

This show was very good! Watched the whole thing last night, was caught off guard by how short it felt but it was very well done!

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. RyanPm40

Wow you're right, I don't think it even took me a half hour to read. I definitely liked it a lot, but I actually like what this show did better.

After reading it, I'm very impressed with how faithful an adaptation this is, while admittedly making some obvious changes that I do think work better in this show (primarily how the police are handled between the two mediums).

Also, man, that police station scene was hilariously awkward lol. I love how they found a way to include that diner scene in a UK setting, too.

But yeah, very short show, and I hope they don't make a season 2 because I think it would ruin the story, especially since the ending in the comic is pretty similar to how this season ended. There could be maybe one episode that could be added to clear some things up, but certainly no second season

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Just finished the third episode and absolutely loving it

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. RyanPm40

Just a random thought I had.. I guess it's just super uncommon for a teenager to own a hunting knife in the UK? I feel like every kid I knew had one growing up, myself included by the time I was their age anyways. Everyone was acting like the kid was packing a gun on him lol.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  13. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

"It becomes a bed."

"Wha, like a fold-out?"

"Nah it becomes a bed if you sleep on it."

local_corn and I Am Mick like this.
  14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Just finished it. Great show. That ending tho

15. simonthebutler

Regular

Yeah, knives are rare for kids to carry (or they were 20 years ago when I was a teenager). Infact there has been a massive purge in recent years on knife crime due to the increase.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. RyanPm40

Ah okay, gotcha. Yeah, I also come from a pretty hunting-friendly state and our state motto is "Live free or die", which is about as 'Merica as it gets lol. So I'm sure even in other parts of the States it's less common for teens.

simonthebutler likes this.
  17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Kinda skimmed past this because I thought the title was dumb, but decided to give it a chance since I was hearing good things and it seemed like a quick watch.

Just burned through the first 5 episodes and if I didn't have to get up at 5am, I'd watch the rest right now. Will definitely finish this tomorrow. Great show.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I really enjoyed this.

19. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

On episode 5 or 6 I think. Liking it so far

suicidesaints likes this.
  20. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

the playlist is amazing

local_corn likes this.
  21. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

damn, finished it. honestly wish it would have wrapped up more, but enjoyed it nonetheless.

22. Watched this earlier to kill a few hours. Enjoyable for sure.

Felt really bad for James' dad, he was kind of a dunce but he seemed like he was always just trying his best to stay positive.

I was a bit confused about how Alyssa had any sort of leverage on the pedo that assaulted James. Like she obviously caught him red handed, but then she threatens to tell his wife and kids like she has any idea where they are or how to find them? Obviously not a huge deal, the cash didn't get them much anyway. Just seemed weird for a menacing, grown man to go from "what are you gonna do about it" to "here take like at least a thousand dollars cash and all of my identification" on a dime like that

23. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

This show is really great. I hope they don't do a second season though, doesn't really feel like it needs it

24. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I doubt they will being an English show. We like to get in and get out and not come back.

Also just found out Graham Coxon was the composer for the series.

25. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

English shows are so much better in that regard. Tell your story and be done. No reason to drag stuff out for 10 seasons like the US does.

Wall Of Arms, RyanPm40 and DickyCullz like this.