Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Emo Thread Genre • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jul 5, 2018.

1. This band ruled and I still have that CD if you need a high quality rip of it. They used to do a bit of “I’ll Catch You” by The Get Up Kids at the end of their sets. I also remember that their bass player used a capo on a couple songs, which I had never seen before.

Most of Olympians is now in I Dream In Evergreen, who put out a pretty cool album earlier this year.

Snoblin likes this.
  2. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Troy, I would be so freaking appreciative if you sent me that. I really want to hear the song after colors.

Didn't you run sound at some of those Warehouse shows in Morton? and Bozzfest?

3. Never ran sound for a Peoria area show but I went to a ton - although I never saw Olympians there, just at Cornerstone Fest.

I’ll upload the album for you after work today.

4. Snoblin

You're the absolute best:heart::heart:

Did you frequent Johnny's at all while it was arround? I'm trying to think of when I first started seeing you around.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  5. I only went to Johnny’s once, for The Graduate and The Forecast. My old band played Pizza Works in early 2012, and that was when I really started hanging out in Peoria. I went to a few there and at Broken Tree and lot of shows at Petra (I think that was the name of that church building).

6. Snoblin

I have had sheet music for Creature (Guitar, Bass, & Drums) sitting, half transcribed, on my computer for about...14 months. I've been meaning to finish it because the song is so fucking killer. It will probably happen soon.

7. Snoblin

Heh, for some reason I thought you were around before I left the area in 2010. I must have started seeing you at Rob's house then, and probably at that Forecast show. I never went to Broken Tree or Petra. There was a Coffee shop in east peoria which was popular after Johnny's closed, and after that, the Morton Legion Hall and VFW did some shows until some kids *cough* definitely not me *cough* went a little too wild during a Renae show and started hanging upside down from the rafters.

8. I didn’t realize you left so early. Definitely Rob’s house then, and maybe that spectacular Fireworks show at the Morton Legion Hall in 2010.

Man, Renae was so good. They used to play the Coffeehouse in Normal all the time.

Snoblin likes this.
  9. Snoblin

That fireworks show is forever ingrained in my head forever. That was the best show I have been to in central Illlinois.

I think I saw Forever Came Calling at the Coffeehouse in normal. I felt bad cause turnout just didn't work in their favor, but they put on a great show. That was the only time I had been to that venue.

10. It’s definitely a top five show for me too.

I booked that FCC show! Maybe that was actually when we met. It was actually at Coffee Nation, not the Coffeehouse, but basically the same thing. I wish I had done a better job promoting it, but it was a weird time of the year just a weird time in general for the Normal scene.

11. Snoblin

Well, and it was in the middle of the summer when a lot of the students aren't around. I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about it. Especially since the entire central illinois scene was apathetic towards booking, promoting, and going to shows between 08-15. People always prefered to spend their 5 dollars at Steak n shake with everyone after the show. "Oh, yeah, sorry. I happened to find some cash after I told you I couldn't make it." hahaha

troyplaysbass likes this.
  12. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Lol i'm both annoyed and love this poster at the same time. You've Changed Records is one of the most underrated record labels around imo.

13. jonny cash

this poster is one big giant Fuck You to anyone with epilepsy

14. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

15. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

Got both the white and black cus why not right

Attached Files:

16. sean_rugy

This is sick.

0D7BEBFE-6C60-454A-A6B4-B8B6D53272E1.jpeg

17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Hazelnutsack and KidLightning like this.

18. It's a little overcast in NY today, and this is really hitting the spot for the weather--hazy but pleasant. Scratches the Pinegrove itch!

19. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

fluxyjoe, teebs41 and sean_rugy like this.
  20. sean_rugy Jul 12, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 12, 2018)
    sean_rugy

adding Deafheaven on the 24th and my brain is exploding. what a good 3 night run.

KidLightning likes this.
  21. atlas

Trusted

last chance to get on the early hype train before it jets out of the station never to return

22. Night_Sky

Regular

Thanks for posting this, I've been sporadically checking their Bandcamp ever since I stumbled on 'Sports'. Another great summery indie/pop track here!

23. sean_rugy

good morning thread - some lofi bedroom folk for you

fluxyjoe likes this.
  24. sean_rugy

and check out this two piece from DC

teebs41 likes this.
  25. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

Mattww, tshreve and teebs41 like this.