Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Emo Thread Genre • Page 165

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jul 5, 2018.

1. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

So heres a question, whats everyones favourite band/project that never became fully realized/released more than 1 or 2 songs?

Recently was thinking about Lazy Hurricane (FKA Favours for sailors) and how he dropped 2 of my favourite songs ever then disappeared into the void to never be heard of again.

Then I started thinking about Senpai (brave bird singer) and how dropped two songs and announced an LP that never came out.

Other notiable mentions:

- Spur (Singer of In Writing new band) that dropped a bunch of demos and played shows and was SUPER promising
    - Cold (?) who were new band featuring members of Naked Hour and had an LP announced for lauren records that never came out

2. matthaber

also like... lazy hurricane were so damn sick.

3. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

off the top of my head, it's Donor. super group of folks from Cruicial Dudes, Dikembe, and YBI!. they released a 4 song EP and then nothing after that.

Senpai is a good one too.

fluxyjoe and matthaber like this.
  4. Parker is the easy answer for me. Just these two songs on a split with Dowsing, but they’re both great. I assume they abandoned this project when Warren joined Joie, but they never played these songs live as far as I know.

5. OotyPa

fall away

Great question--those are usually the best bands. This one I listen to all the time.

This one is amazing too.

This one has major post-hardcore vibes but it's good. I never heard anything else about this band after this.

Other bands that come to mind are Ape-Up, Colossal Wrecks, Good Luck at the Hog Slaughter... Will keep thinking of more.

Mattww, jordalsh and matthaber like this.
  6. matthaber

ohhh i dont know a lot of these, ill have to check them out!

I remember this demo/ep making waves when it came out, im shocked they havent done more though.

flowerhound is another fav of mine. Previously in Brave Bird then Oliver Houston. These two songs are genuinely some of my most listened to songs in my entire itunes library. Would love a full LP someday (but doubt itll happen)

jesseisabigdeal likes this.
  7. I was thinking of the Some Stranger EP (post-Daytrader) that I really loved like freshman year in college but uhhh apparently they released a full-length a couple years ago I just found out about???

Leftandleaving likes this.
  8. I love that EP but I’ve also never heard this album. Is it only streaming on their website?
    SOME STRANGER

9. it doesn't seem like it. I don't even think you can purchase a download

10. OotyPa

fall away

Not quite the same as only putting out a few songs, but this band was incredible and made zero waves whatsoever. Two vocalists and one of them the ex-frontman of My Hotel Year. They give me major old school Jimmy Eat World/Hidden in Plain View vibes. They put out three albums- Chaos Reveals Rhyme, These Stars are Monsters, and this one...

this one's my favorite of the three though the others are also great. Sucks that Spotify thinks some rando DJ is affiliated with them and keeps posting their music as their's lol

Leftandleaving and matthaber like this.
  11. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

FYI, you can download the mp3 files from the stream directly from their website.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  12. Thanks, will definitely do that when I’m not on mobile.

KidLightning likes this.
  13. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I was just able to right click and "Save As . . ."

Listening now and get some YM&EIWK vibes.

jordalsh likes this.
  14. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

matthaber likes this.
  15. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Yeah, it’s pretty hard to go past Senpai. There’s a part of me that holds out naive hope that Pity Sex might spontaneously reunite one day since no band really breaks up anymore, but it kinda seems like they’re all done with music for the foreseeable future.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  16. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

17. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

By the way, there is some official Spur music, they put out a split with Jake Clarke that I absolutely love

matthaber and Leftandleaving like this.
  18. genericities

instagram.com/pegasusrides_

to kind of go on a tangent about this, one of my friends wrote literally several of the most beautiful songs I’ve ever heard but then stopped working on music and took them all down from the internet.

there’s so much creativity that doesn’t scale but is no less precious. I’m sure the music we all end up exposed to is heavily pre-selected for various personality traits (in terms of self-confidence, willingness to self-promote, and engagement with a supportive community.)

OotyPa and jordalsh like this.
  19. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

20. yooooo

21. yung_ting

Trusted

excited, last Golden Python record was dope

which reminds me, does anybody have the link for the new Stevenson record that was going around a little while ago? It was so good and now I can’t find it

matthaber likes this.
  22. matthaber

I gotchu

yung_ting likes this.
  23. matthaber

this golden python album is insane lol. they really pushing for a prolific year eh? Bedbug, Stevenson, Golden Python and probably a Gulfer record later in year? like chill

topshelfsquad likes this.
  24. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

i was going to say flowerhound as well. incredible stuff

25. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter