Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Emo Thread Genre • Page 161

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jul 5, 2018.

1. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Hop Along is not really an emo band, but Tibetan Pop Stars makes more sense on this list than Helena or That's What You Get, ha.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  2. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Shocked no Moving Mountains or Prawn.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  3. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

I appreciate the fact the list tries to grapple with all the different sides of emo instead of picking one and saying everything else is fake.

K0ta, h8bit, incognitojones and 6 others like this.
  4. matthaber

Call me when the top 100 skramz songs list is written tho

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  5. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

omg this band swing kids on the list? incredible, can't believe this wasn't in my life before

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

KidLightning, matthaber and Snoblin like this.
  7. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Farewell album by Mountains for Clouds.

8. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

9. Definitely far on the screamo end of the spectrum but I still think this fits in here — been digging this record a whole lot today.

»«, by TWINS

K0ta and h8bit like this.
  10. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

11. It'saDoneDeal

Vibing

Don't post much, and I know I don't hit the like button on posts/recs that I've come back to this topic time and time again to find and add to personal Spotify playlists, but I just want to say I appreciate you all. This is a fantastic track and I was sitting here taking it in for the fourth time in a row with a huge grin on my face and just realized I didn't let the person who posted it know that it helped me have a great night. I love new music. Thank you.

12. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

that’s very sweet and I greatly appreciate it but all credit goes to the people that made it! If you’re unfamiliar, listen to their old band LVL Up, Return To Love is one of the best indie rock records of the last decade. Regardless, I’m glad we all can bring each other a little bit of joy

13. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

You were one of the writers of the list? Pretty cool list. I loved the whole write up at the start too. Im not a true...genre nerd?...like a lot here so I don’t know too much about the history and a lot of the older bands, just what I grew up on in my teen years. It was also a good way to explain why Brand New had to be kept off the list while still pointing out their kind of ‘best of the generation’ status with the thriller comparison. Just great writing overall. Gonna use this list to check out some songs and see if I enjoy theM haha

14. jols

Trusted Prestigious

Piebald was on there, I thought they were also canceled

15. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

uh holy shit this is good!

16. Leftandleaving

Bicycle immediately hooked me. Gonna need to try the whole thing

yung_ting likes this.
  17. cherrywaves

Trusted

This record turned 5, time really flies. Still really good and as much as I love CO, I wish they still carved out time for this project

18. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Considering how bad the recent CO singles are I'd definitely rather have new Adventures lol

h8bit likes this.
  19. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I forgot about that album, loved it when it came out. Absolution (Warmth Requited), Heavenly, and Tension got a lot of play at my college radio station.

20. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

New CO rules, but I miss adventures

21. Leftandleaving

Adventures was way better imo

waking season likes this.
  22. cherrywaves

Trusted

Apples oranges

topshelfsquad likes this.
  23. username

hey you lil piss baby

I never got into the Adventures LP but the self titled EP was like a revalation for me when it first came out

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  24. matthaber

that adventures LP is a classic. One of my favs

sean_rugy, h8bit and waking season like this.
  25. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

started listening to Plainclothes again after going through my spotify albums. damn what a good band. shame they never did anything more.