Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Emo Thread Genre • Page 132

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

it's crazy how much there is to unpack in that one resposnse..

2. jols

Trusted Prestigious

Lines have been drawn.

3. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Little Image - Fly a Kite

Definitely more indie than emo but I don’t think there’s an indie rock thread so I’m posting this here. Been spinning this record like crazy. RIYL early From Indian Lakes and Now Now.

teebs41 likes this.
  4. username

hey you lil piss baby

incognitojones and Carrow like this.
  5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't care what it is, its phenomenal. this is so in my wheelhouse haha

Kellan and Carrow like this.
  6. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

this TE shit is such a mess, everything sucks.

yung_ting likes this.
  7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

it's a hard position to be in as a fan, bc while you want to stop supporting the label really that just further hurts the bands on that label, sort of a loose/loose situation.

genericities likes this.
  8. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Topshelf acquisition of all Tiny Engines bands soon please

9. jols

Trusted Prestigious

incognitojones likes this.
  10. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

lol this is getting fucking ridiculous

sean_rugy likes this.
  11. sean_rugy

well that seems extremely uncalled for on Adult Mom’s part. it’s really not a good look to be “jw” about something like that on a public platform. this scene is a goddamn soap opera sometimes.

ItsAndrew, Cameron, fluxyjoe and 4 others like this.
  12. Carrow Nov 10, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 11, 2019)
    Yeah I don't know why anyone would make baseless accusations about a label they're not even on like that. I hope TE does right by them (even if anecdotal evidence suggests they might not) but that sort of thing is just so fucking petty.

13. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

This is so messy and disappointing and breaks my heart.

14. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

My take is I think TE looks awful here and I’ve long had weird feelings about them for various reasons, and this kinda confirms my intuitions are p sharp sometimes. I of course believe AM should get what they’re owed and any other band that’s been fucked by TE for that matter and the label can fold or go on (hopefully with better practices and accountability), and people can stay signing with and supporting them at their own discretion.

I will also say tho that my intuition has led me to have bad vibes about AM for a while now and tbh none of this has really helped that (and some of those @s are just WOOF and really solidified that feeling) so :shrug2:

15. sean_rugy

“upwards of thousands” and the “jw” at the end just rub me wrong. while I don’t disclaim their initial accusations about TE everything that has come after that initial post just looks like a bad faith argument or whatever you want to call it. trust me ya’ll, I want AM to get what they’re owed but fuck idk if this is the right way.

I rarely speak up about stuff like this but that is my two cents on the matter. I might be super wrong but goddamn is this is all exhausting from a fan standpoint. like, what the fuck are we supposed to do with this?

ramble.

16. Doesn't change that Stevie's current situation is fucked up but from my experience you don't throw out accusations like that without something to back it up and it's a bad look to do so. And I'm not supporting TE directly until this is addressed or resolved, that's as much as I'm willing to do since I don't want these other bands to catch blowback for it.

17. As far as what I know (which isn’t much more than what’s now public) you can trace TE doing this to certain artists dating all the way back to 2013.

Carrow likes this.
  18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah this is also a bad look for AM

19. can’t imagine the stress leading up to stevie starting that thread and then afterwards waiting for the responses. seems weird so much attention is being spent on that one snotty response to someone sorta both sidesing this (i initially wasn’t paying enough attention and thought they were interacting with a TE account so didn’t even realize the shittiness of that accusation oops)

Carrow likes this.
  20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I'm finding that I enjoy a lot of what is considered 'emo' these days but really don't know many artists. Can I get some recs for any female-fronted bands that y'all have been enjoying??

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Came across beabadoobee just today and feel like she fits in with it all. Really enjoying it.

22. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

off the top of my head....

Pool Kids
    Worlds Greatest Dad
    Carb on Carb
    Harmony Woods
    Sonder Bombs
    Indigo De Souza
    tomberlin
    Rat Tally
    Ratboys
    Ellis
    Florist
    Soccor Mommy
    Gabbys World
    Pom Pom Squad
    VAGABON
    Queen of Jeans
    Field Mouse
    Soft Blue Shimmer
    Mannequin Pussy
    Haybaby
    Slingshot Dakota

(lol)

23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

:crylaugh::crylaugh: I dig Soccer Mommy and Slingshot so hell ya thanks dude

matthaber likes this.
  24. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

those all range from indie pop -> punk -> math rock so theres really no connectivity in their minus the scenes they come from :shrug2: hope ya dig some of them!!

oldjersey likes this.
  25. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Suggested Friends
    Long Beard
    Mammoth Penguins
    Fresh
    Anxioushum
    Beach Bunny
    Insignificant Other
    Tiny Blue Ghost
    Dump Him