Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Edge Of Seventeen (Kelly Fremon Craig, November 18th, 2016) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Netflix 2/1

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I love this movie so much

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I think I've actually rewatched it twice in 2019? It's a pretty great "I wanna laugh, but also feel" film.

Jake W, BackyardHero11 and OhTheWater like this.
  4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

So this was really REALLY good.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  5. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

WHAT THE FUCK

How had I never seen this before

Best high school narrative movie of the decade. Sorry everyone.

6. Lucas27

Trusted

The scene where Nadine pours out all her anxiety and insecurity to her brother is one of the most relatable things to me in any movie ever.

7. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

No joke one of the best coming of age movies I've ever seen. Like it's really able to have it both ways in hitting so many predictable high school movie beats (to the point where if you're just passively watching it you probably would get the impression that this whole movie is very by the numbers which it absolutely is not) while subtly undercutting them every time. Everyone feels so uncomfortably real; even when Kyra Sedgwick's character was being a shitty narcissistic mom I felt able to sympathize with the idea of having a child you don't really understand on a fundamental level (though that does beg the question of what the parents ever saw in each other in the first place).

The party scene keeps coming back to me: Krista using Darian as an opportunity to break out for the first time and make new friends, Nadine failing to join in because she's in neither an emotional nor mature enough position to do the same (especially at that moment), Krista passively trying to keep Nadine in the social circle while not realizing that Nadine is pushing herself out, Nadine ditching because one failed attempt at outreach confirms for her all the negative things she's feeling. Idk maybe I'm projecting but I felt every part of that entire sequence way too hard lol

Also 100% called Woody Harrelson's "Get out of the car" line. Thank god they never broke character with him and had him deliver some cliche heartfelt speech about growing up or whatever the fuck

8. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I watch this film every time I'm in a bad place

Watching it rn

MysteryKnight likes this.
  9. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

:heart: Relatable.

Jake W likes this.
  10. OotyPa

fall away

Just saw this for the first time. Really great movie

11. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I can't stand to look at Blake Jenner now after Melissa Benoist has come forward with her story of IPV.

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

thought the same thing. gonna be even worse w/ everybody wants some

13. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Wow, I hadn’t heard anything about this before and just watched the video Melissa posted. Made me feel sick to my stomach. I’m so glad she was able to get out.

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

leaving netflix at the end of july

15. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Just a couple days left to watch this masterpiece on Netflix

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

so, today and tomorrow

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

back on netflix

Zilla, MysteryKnight and Lucas27 like this.
  18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious